0-1 record already!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by swintj1, Dec 6, 2007.

1. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Well, I had my first match today...against my buddy. I was talking a lot of crap about how good I was getting and I could take him any day...

Well, he took me up on it and we went and had a shoot out WITH MY BOW!

I didn't just stink...I SUCKED! I could barely hit the outer white ring, more less X's! I couldn't believe how the pressure of going against someone affected me! I have been shooting lights out by myself the last few weeks, and then I go against him and its nothing but blue circles all day! (on 5-spot) I'm DEPRESSED!:doh: :Cry: :doh:

I tried to breathe slowly, but that just made it worse! What are some things you guys do when you get under pressure? I need to relax, I know I can shoot lights out, I've done it the last couple weeks....I just couldn't when I was going against someone...

"I'm doing that thing where I suck!"

2. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

well

Use The Force Luke!:lol: :lol: :lol:
    J/J ya got to shoot against yourself NO ONE ELSE!:biggrin1:
    In your mind you the bow and the target Nothing else.
    It helps to get shoots against other archers under your belt.:biggrin1:

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

kbo speaks the truth.......

when I "LOST" to the preacher man, I blew it......it was my fault, I let 1 shot get to me and could never get it out of my head.....I completly self destructed and beat myself.......

I have won 3 leagues in a row, because I go in there and forget about everyone else.....I just shoot for me......

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

shooting a back tension will help you with nerves (target panic). Its harder to punch. So you actually have to execute the shot. Instead of the nerves getting to you when your nervous. Which will make you punch the trigger before you want to shoot . It will dramatically help your scores.....:cool:

5. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Something to remember. You cannot change what another person shoots. Think about that for a minute.

Shoot your shoot not someone elses.

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you can if you throw something at them...........:noidea:

7. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

Look I have shoot with a lot of very big archers, title and record holders. But you know what I do not care who you are. When I go to a shoot I shoot only againest my self. Yes they are better then me, but I can hold my own. Just because I shoot each arrow and when I release, I can do nothing about it. So I do not sweat that shoot any more. So compete againest your self. Keep that in mind when shooting againest others. Shoot your game not theres.

8. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

Yeah, I should know that...same thing with Golf...you can't control the other person, but there is something about seeing the other person kicking you butt that makes you get nervous, start breathing harder..and miss more.:doh: :doh:

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Just remember Grasshopper that loss wouldn't have been near as painful if ya hadn't been talkin smack before you started shooting.....:lol: :lol:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont i know all about that:D :D :D

11. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Welcome to my family of target panic. You should have seen me at a championship shoot earlier this year. Wow, I sucked. I hope you are not starting to show symptoms of target panic. I would read up on it and make sure this is not you, and if it is try to solve the problem now. Here is a great article to read about it.http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=453859

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

or makes all the targets near bee hives... :lol:

13. bullfiddle

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

NOT FUNNY....................:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

16. bullfiddle

It's only Spamming if it's in a different forum.....:frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

your still a spammer.........:lol: :lol: :lol:

18. bullfiddle

I've been called worse....:peace:

19. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I believe it too..:laugh: Definately if your planning on shooting some 3d shoots or spots. Get a BT release and make a bow string and practice.... makes a world of difference... check out the store here... chris has a good deal on the Tru-Ball Pro-Diamond $79.00.

20. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

GREAT LINK! I don't think I have it that bad....can I just start that process with my normal trigger release? Right now, that is exactly what I do..I let the pin float below the target, and sometimes I FREEZE...and I can't get it up that extra 2 inches into the white..and then the second it touches the bottom of the white circle...I shoot! And BAM!!! I MISS LOW, hitting the line between the white and the blue! And I knew it was going to hit there, but I pull the trigger because I'm thinking "WHITE, WHITE, WHITE"...Not "X, X, X" I'll go back to 10 yards for a while and focus on letting my sight float on the target. Thanks for the link!