08's

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by irishwater, Sep 9, 2007.

1. irishwater

irishwater Junior Member

I want a bow but should I wait tell the 08's come out
    when do the come out

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

They should be out in November...I'd wait a little and see what comes out...:D

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I agree.............unless I did not have a hunting bow at the moment. Which will never happen. :peace:

4. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

Depends on what your're looking for and what you want to spend my friend. You could buy a Mathews Drenalin or BowTec Guardian for cheaper than an 08 release and most likely not miss much from the incoming lineup. IMO anyhow, Hoyt has been slipping since the Xtec.

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

Yeah, most bow companies release their new catalogs and pics of their new stuff on Nov 1, but there's usually a lag on availability. I ordered a Bowtech Commander Dec 28 last year and didn't get it until the middle of March.

It depends on how much you want to spend on whether you should wait or not. The high end bows that cost $700-800 usually have significant changes from year to year, so I'd wait. If I was only gonna spend $300-400, I'd buy now and start shooting. :rockon:

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

You've got a point...
    I think he was looking for a bow for his wife, and they may introduce a new Womens/Youth model,or a less inexpensive line. You never know. If you don't need it right now wait a couple months and see what happens...

7. irishwater

irishwater Junior Member

we are both looking for bows we both want to get into shooting. I just ask more questions about a womans bow because if she is happy and has fun that means more fun we can have together. I would love to buy a 800 dollar bow but have to buy 2 rigs so that is out of the question. I love the post if you are going to buy a cheaper bow get it now and I would agree. for her we are leaning towards mathews ignition she did not like the selena i know what you are saying that is a 700 dollar bow but remember happiness! I am at a loss I want to shoot alot of bows but the bow shops around here are selling out and all that they have are high ends that I can not get

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

The ignition is a good bow, and she should be very happy with it.

As for you, what are you looking at?? and what's your overall budget..just for a reference..

9. irishwater

irishwater Junior Member

300 to 600 full package I know it is low end but that is all I can muster I know I need to shoot them all but not alot of options here bass pro and the local bow shops but the locals are sold out most of the time

10. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Have you shot any?? Do you have any that your looking at??
    You could probably find a nice Switchback XT used in that range...

11. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

look at the new pse rogue, catalyst or octane .. smooth fast and all machined risors w/ nrg cams. Very nice bows and can get a full package for that price. also look at the Martin Bengal.

12. Huya

Huya Senior Member

You could look at some of the diamond Bow packages at that range in price and they are a good all around bow. Bass Pro carries them.