????

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Leebo, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

I put a verifier on my bow. I couldn't tell my pins apart from two foot away. I think its something to do with getting older.:dizzy: Heres my problem. I can see my pins great now but my target is blurry. At 20 yds I can make out the dot on the target but as i move out it gets worse. 50 yds I can barely make out the target. Do I need a stronger power or a lesser power?:noidea:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

verifier? I'm not sure what that is... :noidea:

3. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

It's a magnified peep sight made by specialty.

4. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Oh, a Clarifier Peep sight..

they are typically used with scopes. I suppose one could be used with pins but I'm not sure why you would want to use one like that.

Typically the clarifier matches a certain power lense. Do you currently have a lense sight or are you using standard pin sight?

5. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

No this is a verifier. It is just a lens to help with viewing your pins more clearly. They are two totaly different things. The reason for it is to help with poor vision. I don't wear glasses but have a stigmatism in my right eye. My vision is fine close up and at a distance. The problem I have is focusing. My pins look like a straight line with lots of pretty colors. Instead of individual pins. So I thought I would try a verifier.

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

verifiers are for non magnification sights.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

why not just geta single pin slider sight like an HHA????

8. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I've tried the Verifier and have one now. Shooting them before you buy is highly advisable. I found that, such as in your case, you prbably need to get a lesser diopter. Too much diopter and the pins are still clear, but the target gets blurry.

Remember too, that the eye cannot focus on two points that far apart so no matter what you do, short of using a rifle or handgun scope, one of them has to be a bit blurry. You just have reach to compromise.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

100% true!!!!

now, I think Randy Ulmer ( and others) talk about focusing somewhere in the middle.........I am embarrased to admit, that I cant figure out for the life of me how to do this.......:doh: :doh:

so can anyone explaining it........

10. Leebo

Leebo Junior Member

Thats what I've been using for a couple of years. A HHA 5200xl. I'm just trying to get away from having to guess the yardage and how high I need to hold the pin over the targets back. I rather just put the pin on it and fire.