2 vs 4 inch vanes

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Huya, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Huya

Huya Senior Member

Which do you prefer? The 2 inch or the 4 inch Vanes and why?

2. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I use 2 inch vanes, cuz "they" told me they were better. Thinking about going to the even smaller profile ones.

3. jimposten

jimposten Senior Member

I shoot 1.5" Bohning X-Vanes. I like the shield cut ones for the old school look.

JIM

4. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I shoot 4 inch for hunting, just seems they work great on my setups with broadheads, good arrow flight and tight groups, no need to fix it if its not broke, i like blazers on my indoor arrows, 1.25s for the same reason, but with nibb points.

5. poorshot

poorshot Senior Member

3"

After trying almost everything out there. I have been using 3" feathers for everything. I use rh heliical. I just like them better. I think it is a good combo of speed, spin, and accuracy.

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

4" will stabilize better. For shooting the smaller vanes your bow has to be tuned alot better. less surface area will take longer for arrows to fly true. Unless your tuned properly. Thats why majority shoot 4" feathers and vanes still in spots. They are more forgiving!!!

7. outdoorsman

outdoorsman Senior Member

so thats why my maxim with blazers give me such a low score on spots..... time to make some changes:bowl:

8. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

not actually. it works with the same principles as brace height. the more you have the more forgiving it will become. I still shoot 4" feathers for spots. I had issues shooting my 3d arrows. I had a pro- tell me to swtich up and give the ol' faithfull 4" a try again. I did and scores went up alot. I was averaging 298-299 w/ 46-50 x's. I went to 300 and 50 x's. Now if i dont shoot 300 and 50+ x's. I know its time to check equipment. Consistancy is what you want. So you know where your at in the game. shooting 290 one week and 260 another can be very frustrating.. I've been there. Good luck!!! And shooting very low poundage is also a helpfull key. I shoot 52lbs. for spots. Alot easier to hold steady longer. And you wont fatigue in later rounds as fast!!

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Which vane!

Blazers for huntin & 3D
    4 inch feathers on my recurve!:biggrin1:

10. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

I am going to act like B. There mine all mine (post count)
    By the way I like 4"

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

For hunting and 3D I say 2" Blazers. For indoors I am going to go with 4" feathers. Or maybe some quickspins.:frusty:

12. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

You just trying to break my hold on this place lol