2006 sheds for a few hits

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Next Ridge Over, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over Member

They are getting too bleached out and chewed up so I'm calling it quits on the shed hunting for 2006.

Ended with 9 mule deer of which two are matched and in great condition. One small 5 whitetail.
    Four elk - one small 5, one big 5, a small six that will be huge this year and an old one from a few years back.

View attachment 411

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice looking bunch of antlers. :rockon: Great looking pupper you have there. Thanks for sharing.:peace:

3. All in favor of Bowtech

All in favor of Bowtech Junior Member

Nice looking sheds!! I never have any luck finding those things.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Because I dont live in an area where there are any elk. Is it easier to find elk sheds than deer sheds I would think yes because of the size, but then again they probably cover more ground. Are there alot of guys out there that collect them? (All sheds)

5. Next Ridge Over

Next Ridge Over Member

Sorry - I've been away.

Thanks Hoosier - he's my shed hunting partner.

Yes, Bowman - lots of people go after the elk sheds - not so many people where I look for the deer. And yes the elk are easier to spot but fewer and farther between. The only PROVEN method I have found is to cover miles of ground. I wear a hole in my Danners in the process but it is great to be outdoors and I sling arrows at rotten stumps and squirrels with bludgeons all day long. It is as close to hunting as we can get this time of the year in MT.