2007 Bowtch Guardian is at the shop

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Well boys and girls. The Guardian arrived today. After carefully looking over the design, I set it up to shoot. What were the results....

They have a winner on their hands here. This is one of the quietest, shock free bows I have ever shot. That is not the best part, this thing aims and balances nearly perfect. I would say it aims like a much larger bow. The pin was very steady while I was shooting it.

I need to spend a bit more time testing. I got about 50 shots thru it today. I already am considering a Smoke Chrome model for 3D.

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy but this is a great shooter. Oh and yes, I put it in the Xpress to install a peep with no problems.

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Did the limbs explode on ya?

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:nono:
    now stop that......I wish the dealer in this area wasnt such a jerk face.....

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I tried the Guardian at Scheels in Iowa City yesterday during lunch.
    Holy cow, talk about no shock and quiet !
    I have an Allegiance and I thought that was nice. This thing is really nice.
    They didn't have a price on it yet though.... They have one Guardian, along with a custom Lakewood Bowfile with the Bowtech logo embroidered on the side of it. That's not for sale either.... Too bad, I have several Lakewood cases for my fishing habit and they make some really nice stuff. I loved that Lakewood bow case.

What a bunch of teasers.

Ron

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

:doh: Oh no.................Chris is turning into a Blowie.:laugh: J/K

I have heard they are very nice shooting bows just so darn UGLY. I need to call the bowtech dealer and see if he has one yet. He is only about 35miles away . By the way Chris what kind of price do you have on them in target colors????

Just not fair you get to have all the fun and all we can do is read about it.

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS................Hook us up boss.please:hug:

6. The one across the pond from you?

We'll be there Thursday night at 530 - practicing and playing!

7. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I beleive the target colors are $849. They look much better in person than in the pictures.

This bow has really impressed me. I may just throw a sureloc on it and try it for spots one of these nights.

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

You know if it shoots well and the limbs don't have issues the MAthews fanboys are going to have nothing to ***** about... the boards may become quiet and dry up!

9. BowhuntnHoosier

$849 OUCH!!!!

Limb issues whats that you say:noidea: Its not he fanboys dampening the boards its the blowies after their limbs explode. But I think Blowtech may have finally fixed that problem. I still liked the Tribute I shot and would love to have one. My bow shoots too slow to explode....remember.:laugh:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah I really cant stand him and his radio adds drive me crazy......I turn the station.....

11. Scottie

Scottie Member

If you do, let us know how she shoots. I'm thinkin' of a commander for just that.

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think these 2 bows may be great target bows....(commander and guardian) but for hunting I think the just have too many places for things to get stuck in.....

13. He's Ok.....He's got a good shop and REALLY knows how to tune.

I can't wait to shoot the Bowtechs......to play with.

14. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

Hey chris, you better pay attention to what that bow is doing on ya.... The one ive got to play with already went though a set of cables, i think it was on the bottom cam, were it curves around part of cam so tight, was totaly shot....( was it a bad string, could be) and also keep watch on the parts where the arms that goto the limbs connect to the bow, they just used a steel shaft with a c clip on each side, then they put brass bushings in it that are to narrow, this one has the steel shaft working over to 1 side and the c clip is all bowed up inside the hole.....One of theses times, it going to fly off!!!!!!! hope im not their when she comes apart!!!

15. BowhuntnHoosier

Oh crap sounds like possibly more problems for the Blowies.:noidea: I sure hope not I'd love to get me a new bow and its between a Vectrix and Guardian for me right now. Of course I have not shot the Guardian yet but soon very soon.:peace:

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

just get a used apex 7, save a bunch and get something that is tried and true......but I would still love to get one of them for indoor......

17. bullspotter

The guardian is a great shooter, smooth and quiet. But i really do think this could be a problem.... Anytime you have a brass bushing rotating on a steel shaft under presure, you will have trouble, needs to be a good high grade bearing. I think the bushing is going to wear, and cause a differnt load placed on the limb. Thats what the dealer was trying to sell me about the bow, was the arms cause even loading thoughout the limbs, insted of the limb bending at just one area, the entire limb is being used and their are no hot spots on just one area.... well till it goes blowy any ways.... Bow is awsom to shoot tho...... After pointing out the issues with it, i was told it was a demo..... so i guess the ones they will be selling wont have the problems???? Till they go blowy anyways......

18. The center pivot arm MAYBE rotates 1/2 of a degree so I don't see any wear in this area during the lifetime of the original owner (presuming you buy it after you're 16). Cams have generally been made with oilite bronze bushings and stainless axles up until the last 6 years and are much smaller with much more rotation and vibration than the center pivot pins and axles.

"Anytime you have a brass bushing rotating on a steel shaft under presure, you will have trouble"

You know anything about the starter in your car?:biggrin1:

19. bullspotter

Yeah i know a few things about starters, i know they wear out, and it only gets used what... 4 or 5 times a day. sometimes less...... time will tell with the bow.... But to already see a problem with a new bow thats pry got less then 200 arrows out of it...... sounds like trouble to me....... o and ive seen cam bushings get bad enough that the axle locks to it and it starts rotating in the limb.... so theirs a problem their too, Umm might be WHY theirs bearings their now right?????

20. There won't be any problems with the pivots,, if there is,, you can come back here and tell me "I told you so":rockon: