2007 Elite Synergy............

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by grey squirrel, Dec 16, 2006.

1. grey squirrel

grey squirrel Need Strings?Get Proline!

I've shot the Elite Synergy for a week now..........and I'm glad I purchased it.
    Made the "switch" from Mathews to Elite for the speed. This bow has no recoil, and is super fast. Rock solid back wall. The only thing I didn't like at first was the draw cycle, but once my muscles got used to it, no problem.
    Can't think of enough good things to say!! Great bow at a reasonable price.:peace:

2. tek

tek Senior Member

Welcome to the forum,

I've been reading a little about that bow and it sounds very good. What kinds of speeds are you getting with it?

3. tek

tek Senior Member

Oops, I didnt see the speed until now..WOW that thing is smokin fast for a 27" draw.

I've ordered a Vulcan in a 27" draw, it will be interesting to compare the speeds between the 2 bows.

4. grey squirrel

Speeds

Right now I'm getting 293 feet per second shooting at 66 lbs. I'm shooting an
    Easton ST Axis 500 weighing in at 348 grains.
    I switched from 100 grain tips to 75 grain tips so my arrow weight has dropped to 323. I haven't had a chance to chrony this arrow weight yet, but I'm hoping to break 300 fps with some type of configuration.
    I was hesitant at first about this bow, but I can honestly say that I am happy I made the decision to buy it. It's a sweet, super fast shooter for sure.:cool:

5. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...and good luck with the bow. It's always great gettin' new gear.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Congrats on the new bow and Welcome to the forum my Hoosier friend. That speed of 293 at 27" is great. But I noticed after you lowered your point weight that it dropped you below the 5gpp @ 66# dw recommeded by most manufacturers. Please be careful your safety is not worth gaining 7 fps. Where is the shop you ordered your Elite form I live in Greene County and do not know of any shops around me???? Enjoy that new bow and be safe.:peace:

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Definitely switch back to 100 grain points! 5gpp is the absolute min you should ever be shooting and going lower can definitely cause issues and become a safety issue!

btw - Be glad your not a lefty. Elite hates lefty's!

8. grey squirrel

good, safe advice guys

Yeah, that's probably not good shooting under the recommended arrow weight. I'll probably switch to 85 grains. That will put me over the minimum arrow weight recommended. Thanks!:cool:

9. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Have you tuned this bow? We're you able to get the axis 500 to paper tune and group? Seems like it would be underspined for the specs you are showing. If it is tuning and group well, then go for it.

At 66# I would say you are border line between the 400 & 340 shaft. I didn't notice your draw length so that could play a part in this also.

10. grey squirrel

Chris, the arrows are grouping real well out to 30 yards. That's as far as I've shot the bow so far. I haven't paper tuned yet, but plan on it next week.
    The owner of the shop where I bought the bow watched me shoot several times and he said the arrow was flying great. More to come.................

11. fourbarrel

fourbarrel Junior Member

I have had a synergy for about 2 monthes now all I can say is wow.I have a ross 334 also and I thought it was the most accurate bow I had ever shot.But I shoot the synergy better and the synergy is smoking fast and smooth one pin out to 35 yards.If you get a chance shoot one.

12. wlee

wlee Junior Member

Traded my Drenlin

Just traded my Drenlin for this Bow,looks real good,what are your thoughts?

13. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

1st: u probably lost money , the Synergy goes for $649, I think the Mathews is a lot higher?:noidea:

As far as the bow, it's probaly faster but as far as draw cycle- a little more harsh, both should have little vibration or ahnd shock. Except for speed there is probaly not much diff. and the fact you gave $ away.

14. wlee

wlee Junior Member

I should have looked a round a little before I bought the Mathews. Elite is lefthanded,supposed to recieve it end of April.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  15. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

I did not know that Elite put out a left handed model of the Synergy.As far as I know they don't? Are you trading this with someone u know?:noidea:

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Who said they didn't have a left hand version of they Synergry? :noidea:

They don't have left handed Envy's and if you traded a used drenalin for a new Synergy I would say you got your money's worth depending on how shot in the drenalin is. Keep in mind Mathews released all their bows last year so his Drenalin could be 5 - 6 months old already

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I respectfully dissagree.......2-3 months at the most......:noidea:

18. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

Like I said as far as I know they don't have a lefty, they are making them now (as in right now). All I was saying was that the price difference was probably $100 to $150.The Drenalin came out in shops late Jan.

When I joned this site I did some looking around and it appears that you Dredly were well aware of the Synergy not coming Lefty:noidea:

19. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Envy, not Synergy. The Envy will not be produced in Lefty.

I'm pretty certain that the Drenalin was released either in Nov or Dec but one of the Mathews guys can tell us the date I'm pretty sure.

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

It came out but was not available until the end of Dec, begining of Jan...