2007 Mathews Drenalin, Wow

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Ok, the bows here and I shot it. One sweet shooter. Here are some real world specs....

Bow came in at 72#, 29" draw. I installed a loop but no peep yet. Threw a whisker biscuit and shot a 403 grain axis out of it at 296fps!:peace:

The new design of the bow is really cool looking, the limbs and pocket are very small and thin. The bow is definitely lighter this year.

I'll be posting some pictures very soon and will have more information soon too.

2. Chris

here are some pics

3. Chris

here are some more pics

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so it has the orange strings on it anything cool on the limbs like not for resale......what are you retailing them for......

5. Could you possible post a pic of it at full draw please.......:rockon:

6. Scottie

Scottie Member

But $ 849 MSRP. Are you kidding me?
    Looks like Hoyt or Bowtech again this year.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

your probably going to be more like 750.....

8. Scottie

Scottie Member

OK, that's better but..... still looks like Hoyt or Bowtech this year. The darkside just can't seem to make that "WOW" bow; for me anyways.

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice pics Chris thanks and thanks for the info on the testing. 296 at 43gr over IBO and 1" shorter draw. Oh yeah and you used a WB so that probably robbed you of 2-4fps:lol: What about vibration and noise Chris fill us in please???? I'm hearing price tag of around $700 here:noidea: I'm gonna check around though. Whatever, I think they are going to be selling like hotcakes.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

now if mathews starting selling hot cakes that would be awsome.....get your bow and eat pancakes too......

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I just got back from the shop.....well I have to say it is slightly different....the one thing that sticks in my mind the most and evertime I think about the bow is the draw cycle.....there is absolutly no valley.....

My thoughts.....not that any of you care....

The new limbs......very narrow....o.k. I'll bite....like...

No limb pockets.....looks clean....I cant decide.....

New cam.....looks the same but feels different than the Xt....dont like...

New camo.....did they get a kid to color that thing....not bad but not as nice as the previos camo paterns from them....

lighter weight.....it is lighter....not sure....heavier bow easier to hold steady...

overall rating out of 5.....it gets a 3....

the reasoning.....
    not as inovative as they would have you think....
    not a big change from the original Switchback.....
    doesnt make me want to get one.....
    and the countdown clock was really tacky....

If I was to buy a new bow I would have to say so far the Ross is leading the way....I need to find a hoyt dealer and shoot a Vectrix and Vulcan.....and I guess I need to find a gaurdian to shoot just to say I did.....

12. Ross?

Are the 2007 Ross's even out yet?

Thanks for the review though. :rockon:

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I said if I was going to buy a new bow not if I was going to buy a 07 bow......:rockon:

14. :noidea: oops....my bad!

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats ok.....I am not really in the market for a new bow, but never give up looking......as you never know what might happen when you get a different bow in your mits.....

16. Frank

Frank Member

Well I shot the Drenalin and its a good shooter, but I'm really glad I bought my SB XT. I will continue to shoot my XT. I do like the wieght of the Drenalin limbs are made out of new material, a little shaving of wieght on more machining done on the riser and the pivot in the limbs, and a new cam but it looks the same as the XT except for a little different machining. I think some people will be very happy with this bow it is quiet and no vibration for a lite bow that us to be unheard of. Did I say it was fast!!!!:peace:

For all the secrecy that Mathews went through and all the hype this is a let down:tape: . I was expecting more, especialy if they were trying to top my XT. LOL:amen:

This is all just my opinion....

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thought I might be the only one who felt that way......

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Hopefully I will be shooting one on Mon. or Tue. But I am sure they will be coming out with another new bow soon.:wave:

19. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

come on frank your teasing is useless w/o pics......

20. Radar

Radar Story of my life

I am going to be goin gto Chris's shop today to buy new arrows. Went yseterday but got there too early he don't open at 10 on fridays. Maybe if I talk nice to him he will let me shoot it.