2008 Bowtech Commander Nock Travel Video

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Chris, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

Here is my first attempt at a youtube video. Not the greatest but it will do. I shot this when I was testing out a high speed video camera. I grabbed my 2008 Bowtech Commander that was just setup out of the bow. I hadn't even checked the timing or anything, Just eyeballed everything.

As you can see I added this feature to the forum. It will stay active as long as it's not a huge load on the server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0h91PkoEbLQ

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

that's pretty cool, Chris. I think the 08 Commander with the new cams is the best thing going for target shooting right now.

3. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

Nice! Good on adding the video, too. I'll have to look up how to embed the video.

I didn't think embedding youtube videos loaded this server....I thought it streams the video from youtube's servers.

I could have it all wrong, though.

Good job, Chris...and thanks for the preview of my bow that MIGHT get here before the 2009 ones release. *sigh*

4. Chris

If you add a link to a youtube video, the forum automatically picks up on it and displays it as you see above.

5. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

You should do a before and after with an sts...:bowl: You have any trykons laying around up there, I have been looking for high speed videos of them and can't find any.

6. MOBuzzCut

MOBuzzCut Member

Was that being shot on Hooter shooter Chris?

7. Chris

Yes, it was a hooter shooter.

It was only a trial on the camera I haven't coughed up the money to buy one yet. Wife gave me a dirty look when I said I wanted one. I need to start a donation bucket so I can afford to get it.

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

what does a camera like that go for?

9. Chris

About $20k

10. J.C.

J.C. New Member

that's what I was thinking. you should be happy a dirty look is all you got....:lol: :lol:

11. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

Cool video! :rockon:

12. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

:spit: wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaatttt?

13. Dooby

Dooby Scooby Dooby Doo!

At $20K, I think I'll keep doing what I've always done...the poor man's high speed camera.

Set up your camera to do a long exposure (haven't tried it with my digital...but worked great with film).

Then, set up a stroke light and put a dot of bright paint (tiny tiny) and put a black piece of felt behind the bow. Then...shut down the lights....kick on the stroke....crank up the frequency as desired....release the shutter and fire the bow. :D

One frame picture with the whole thing "ghosted" in. It may take a couple of tries to get the exposure just right...and the stroke frequency....but it's better than nothing and saved you $20k if you don't have it laying around.

No pretty video, of course....but serves the purpose. :)

14. BuckeyeRed

BuckeyeRed Super Member

That is very cool. :rockon: