2009 Wabash R-100 Feeding Frenzy

Discussion in 'Rinehart R100 Tournaments' started by Ronhop, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

OK, here is the semi-official Wabash R-100 Feeding Frenzy post....

This is where we will discuss all of the culinary options we have for the R-100 in Wabash.

We have plenty of time for the camping arrangements, however food cannot be taken for granted and left to the last minute. That is one of the sacred by-laws of the FBSA...

So, without further delay, let's talk food and who is going to bring what and feel free to make suggestions (and donations) .

:rockon:

Ron

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  2. J.C.

J.C. New Member

I'll stop on the way and pick up a bag of ice....:wave:

3. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I got the corn taken care of as long as we get rain... I can put the unit on turkey patrol but I need to know what weight range will work...:noidea: :noidea:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

14# (or so) turkey is an easy one to fry. But a 14 pounder does not go far, as we learned last year. Heck, the dogs didn't have a chance at that carcass... :lol:

Ron

5. bullfiddle

I am thinkin about 5 should do it...:noidea:

6. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I got the grill covered. I will also have 2 varityes of meat for the grill.Im thinking pork tenderloins again and beef brisket. We need at least 2 turkey fryers this year.

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I dont have a turkey fryer but will gladly bring a couple turkeys and some peanut oil.:peace:

8. bullfiddle

Put me down for the turkeys I got the unit gettin 5 of em she has coupons...:laugh: :laugh:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

10-4..............how much peanut oil do we need??

Do we need some wings??

10. bullfiddle

bout 5 gallon I reckon but I don't know for sure... :noidea:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Ron or Jdawg should know.....:peace:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Get the Sportsman's Blend.... It's a blend of peanut and corn oil.
    Costs about $25 for a 4 gallon (I think) container...

We'll figure this out. I just hated it for cougar to bring an expensive oil to just do a 14# turkey.... And then just dump it (the oil). The turkey was great, but it would have been more prudent to use the hot oil for more stuff like fries and wings, etc.... That just did not happen but we can learn from our mistakes. Hopefully... :frusty:

Man, we could have had wings/drummies and all kinds of other stuff with the fryer and oil that cougar brought.

I'll be driving my truck this year so I'll have a fryer of my own. So no worries about that.

Ron

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yeah bud....

A brisket with some BBQ sauce.... Man that's the ticket.

I'm bringing a fryer this year. We just need to figure out how to use the hot oil wisely.... And maximize the thrill of eating excellent food to the best of our ability.... :lol:

Ron

14. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

5 ?

Man, we do need to spend time on this food thing. :lol:

Good thing I posted a thread and asked the Wheels to sticky it.

Ron

15. bullfiddle

You think 5 is to many Ron? Tell me now for I stick em in the freezer...:laugh: :laugh: One was definately not enough last year that's fo sho. We had about 12-14 FBSA Members there last year and I am hoping we have double that this year...:peace: :peace:

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I hope we do have a bigger turnout. If we do we will definitely need to talk to Glenn to get a bit of a larger spot for the group. Last year's spot was perfect for our group size.

Yeah, it does seem like the interest has increased...

That must have been because of all of the posted pics of us fatboys shooting on a cool 3D course... :laugh:

I'm thinking a couple of turkeys, some brats, burgers and hot dogs on the grill, the loins, wings, corn slathered in butter and a partridge in a pear tree....

Anything genuinely healthy should be banned.... :biggrin1:

Ron

17. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I'll bring the fryer and LP and accessories again.

18. BowhuntnHoosier

Hey I can pick up some oil or wings/drummies or something. Come on somebody get a list started so I can have some idea of what to bring. :noidea: :noidea:

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I'll start a list and send it out later on.
    Just post what everyone intends to bring and I'll take care of it.

Ron

20. BowhuntnHoosier

I will bring wings/drummies. 3 chairs, Very large tent, several cases of cola and water, some cookies(homemade), tater salad, and whatever else I can.