2009 Wabash R-100 Feeding Frenzy

Discussion in 'Rinehart R100 Tournaments' started by Ronhop, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Sweet....

Drummies slatherd in BBQ sauce is one of my favorites.... Potato salad is another one that hit's the spot... The others can eat the cookies... Cougar, I'll save my helping of those for the princess... :peace: Just better practice up there buddy... :laugh:

The feeding frenzy is already coming together.... :peace:

Thank you for the donations and feel free to keep them coming.

Slice and company will just need to let us know the grill situation. They did great last year for our group size but I still think I think the biggest issues will be grills, tables and chairs. We can always head into town for meat... Fiddle has the corn and cougar had the fry materials on the list.

Man, we're already on top of this and it's still a frozen tundra out there... :peace:

I do need to get a new tent though... I'm sure B&B had their garbage dumpster hauled away since the last R-100... :bowl: :lol:

Ron

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Let's hang on a bit for things people need to bring. But I'll lend some insight.... :D

Cougar will have the fry hardware. We will probably need get the oil. But if we do the fry thing we need to get some mileage out of the oil.

Cougar spent a bundle on the oil last year for just a small turkey. If we go that route, let's get some mileage out of the oil.... And we can pool money for the oil and get it in town too. That stuff is not cheap and cougar got stuck with that bill last year. Very commendable to him and his daughter that beat his butt, :)laugh: ) but not fair. We need to use the oil to the best of our ability....

Drummies, fries, wings, ahhhhhh.... The options are endless.... :laugh:

I'm driving my truck this year and will have my fryer, pot and LP tank. We can do corn on one fryer and oil in another. That way we can fulfill the desire to have a corn 'eat-off'....

We just need to be sure that Glenn has plenty of portapottys on the range for whichever course we shoot on Sunday morning.... I can catch up with him on that though... I'll just have to be descreet in what he might be faced with as to not embarrasse anyone... :laugh:

Ron

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009

3. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I don't mind picking up the oil if you want; especially if we have a bigger group we will want more than 1 turkey though. I was feeling pretty good about my chances this year at the R100 against that brat - I was getting the best of her at the end of 3D last year but she was on fire Saturday - not good! :censored:

4. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I can bring a big cooker as well for corn! Im thinking 2 fryers for turkeys and wings and one fryer to boil the corn in:dizzy: . I will bring the weber again or if the crowd looks to be huge I will bring my big cooker. Either way we wont starve forsure:peace:

5. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You need to practice up buddy.... Don't let your manhood be in jeopardy...
    :lol:

Yes, and we need more to fry up. Fiddle mentioned something about 30 turkeys or something like that... :lol:

Man. I'll get tennis elbow or something from injecting marinade in that many turkeys... :lol:

Ron

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's a pretty good plan.
    I'd definitely bring a Weber if you could.
    We could do a burger/hot dog lunch or something too after the shoot on Saturday. Not to mention Friday evening's food fest.

Ron

7. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I thought Saturday was the big Dinner extravaganza at least that is what we did last year. Friday is kinda busy with everyone getting there stuff set up.... Just a suggestion though Ron your in charge...:peace: :peace:

8. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

No matter what I guarantee we will not starve. We can get pretty resourceful if need be.:laugh:

9. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

It would be easy to do burgers, dogs, brats on Friday since I will have been there since Thurday afternoon. That stuff is easy to take care of, especially brats, dogs, maybe some Italian sausage... We could grill them and then just keep them hot in a pan of water with some grilled onions in there and leave the pan on the grill. People could feed at will.

10. BowhuntnHoosier

We will pretty much all evening,night,morning. :biggrin1:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Heck I'm thinkin of forgettin my bow and just bringin extra food.:wave:

Its gonna be so great........:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

12. JDX--

JDX-- Member

Man only a few more weeks :wave:
    well maybe a few more yet after that :frusty:

hey, one quick one how were the bugs in that area? - standard skittter dope or the heavy metal repellent

13. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Skeeters werent to bad. Pretty dry area. The darn cicadas were off the hook.

14. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

That they were!!:frusty:

15. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

I can bring some hot dogs brats and bottled water and some chips.

Just let me know when the list goes together.

16. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes it will be great.

Everybody needs to just remember to bring a table and chair(s). There are (were) no picnic tables. That might change though so I'll be posting information when we get closer and after I speak to Glenn at B&B. We do have a plenty of time to figure things out but it does make sense to think ahead.

And for those that have canopies/postable gazebos/eating tents bring those too (if space is availabe in your vehicle) since we'll not know what the heck the weather will bring. We had great weather last year but a Saturday night downpour (literally) could be a challenge if we had that kind of weather for a large part of the weekend.

It's hard to keep coals going in the rain... And we do NOT want to starve to death... :lol:

Ron

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

No kidding.

The mosquitos were not an issue at all.

It seems like that property drains well so there is no standing water. heck, even with the downpour on Saturday night the trails were relatively dry. A little mud here and there but that was about it.

Ron

18. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I will post another thread when we get closer to the shoot. Maybe 3 weeks or so ahead of time and I'll keep track of the list of what people are bringing and post it a week or so ahead of time. That will give everyone time to procure their feeding materials and let everyone know if any of their plans change.

Just stay tuned... :peace:

Ron

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Well.....

Beginning of May already.... Too bad the weather has not shown that fact. :frusty:

Time to start the ranting about R100 Wabash feed again.

It's been a while and I'm going through withdrawls.... :laugh:

Ron

20. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

I am going to be hanging out with all you foos but sleeping at home.

I have a very nice 10 man tent I can bring and set up. I also have two very nice big man sleeping cots that can be used.

I make some killer sausage dressing and cranberry salad....

This is gonna be a great time .