21st annual Budshoot

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by 12ring4me, Jul 17, 2007.

1. 12ring4me

12ring4me Member

I invite anyone within a 3 day drive to come shoot the 21st annual Budshoot at Marshall Bowhunters on August 5th in Marshall, MO. They have 4 ranges with 12 targets per range and it is a trickle start. I expect there will be a good turn out of Missouri shooters, lets here who all of the local Missourians are gonna be there, heck even good ole' DB can come on over from Okie and shoot, would be a good time.:peace: JawsDad you can come too.

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Is that Bud, as in "Simple Man of Genius" ? :laugh:
    3 day drive ? You mean a 3 hour drive ?
    Sounds like fun...

Ron

3. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

One of the best shoots in the state in my opinion :rockon: Haven't missed one since I started shooting 3d. But just a warning to any of you out of staters, There are some smoking shooters here in Mo and if you think you can come in here and clean house, all I can say is "SHOW ME". :peace:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they don't call it the "BUD SHOOT" for nothing, after the range closes, the main Sponsor's, Budwiser bust a bunch of kegs open for "FREE" brew.:rockon:

4. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

=MoBowman;51174]One of the best shoots in the state in my opinion :rockon: Haven't missed one since I started shooting 3d. But just a warning to any of you out of staters, There are some smoking shooters here in Mo and if you think you can come in here and clean house, all I can say is "SHOW ME".

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they don't call it the "BUD SHOOT" for nothing, after the range closes, the main Sponsor's, Budwiser bust a bunch of kegs open for "FREE" brew.:

:puke: :crazy: :hippie:

5. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Don't get any on ya now Smokes :laugh: :laugh:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I like the idea of free Brew, even if it is Busweiser...
    How far is that from St. Louis ?
    Is there camping locally ?

Ron

7. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

If your coming in Saturday evening for the shoot on Sunday, you can camp at the range. A couple of my friends will be doing that. Marshall is about an hour west of Columbia.

8. tek

tek Senior Member

Thats about a 4 1/2 hours drive for me, one way.

Is the shoot held in that hilly city park?

9. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

Yep, just off the golf course and cemetary. Take I-70 west to the Marshall Junction 65 hwy north. As you come into Marshall, take Business 65 to Yarby, go right on Yarby to the Park area and follow the signs. :biggrin1:

10. tek

tek Senior Member

Been by there many times. My oldest son went to college in Marshall. He showed me where the shoots were at but I never did get to attend one.....I heard from locals there that it was a big shoot.

11. 12ring4me

12ring4me Member

Saturday Evening if you get bored

For those of you who will be staying the night in Marshall or just south in Sedalia you can always check out the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia I believe it also starts Friday. I think to kill some time Saturday Eve that is what we are going to do.

12. Witchy1

Witchy1 Member

We're planning to be there for the first time. We hear it is a lot of fun and brings in many shooters. I think the fair starts Aug. 9, which will be after the Bud Shoot.

13. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

I would say there will be at least 250 maybe 300 shooters. Lats year the temps were at 102 degrees with heat index about 110. Talk about hot, but all in all still a great time.