3D Noob...any advice?

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussions' started by Where's Bruce?, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Where's Bruce?

Where's Bruce? Sponge 4 bowhunting info

I'm in So. Calif. and thinking about giving 3D a try solely to improve by ranging abilities w/o an RF but I have never done it before. I imagine there are all kinds of etiquette, protocols, traditions involved and potential faux pas that can be made, any advice for a first timer? Where should I look for em? Are there 3D organizations worth joining? Is 5 arrows enough? LOL

2. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

5 arrows should be GTG assuming you are familiar with your bow. You can search for them on here. I would not worry about joining ASA or IBO unless you want to shoot at the qualifiers. M.est local shoots are pretty laid back - just don't talk next the guy shooting and you should be fine.

3. Joe Piskac

Joe Piskac New Member

WELL FOR 3D 5 ARROWS SHOULD BE FINE DEPENDING ON HOW WELL YOU SHOOT REMEMBER MOST COURSES ARE 30 TARGETS. ALSO TO FIND PLACES FOR 3D SHOOTS IF YOU LOOK ABOVE AT FIND A SHOOT. ALSO ITS BEST TO GO WITH AT LEAST ONE OTHER PERSON OR MORE IF POSSIBLE. AS FAR AS JOINING A LEAGUE I WOULD CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL CONSERVATION CLUBS TO FIND OUT WHO HAS LEAGUES. HOPE THIS HELPS FEEL FREE TO WRITE ME BACK IF I CAN HELP YOU ANYMORE. HAPPY SHOOTING

4. Kneeslider

Kneeslider New Member

Keep an eye out for local shoots and try it out. 3D is very laid back and other shooters are willing to help out. Start with judging ten yard increments and use that to work further out. Good luck and ask questions anytime.