3D Popups

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Planning on shooting the HSO regional at Vincennes this weekend. Anyone got any tips on shooting or equipment? What is the maximum ydg to expect? Shot some practice rounds at L'ville and the longest shot was about 35 yds. Any help?

2. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

I think it is totally up to the people that are running the tourney...our longest shot was about 28 yds, but I have heard of them going all the way to 40. My tip would be to shoot a couple practice rounds first! Get used to that moving target!!

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

About the longest you will see is 45 yards. It can depend on where they have to set up. At Louiville the longest was 29 yards. I was helping run it that weekend. Most people use their hunting rigs on this. Tim Gilinham won the Pro div. in Louiville with his target bow with his scope set at 25 yards. Just shoot what you shoot the most. Just remember to have fun. You will get hooked.

Mo.Hick

4. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

L'ville

I was shooting next to Tim when he shot the 120 on the popups. It was fun to watch. One tough shooter!! Does the speed of the round get faster as the competition goes on? Do they speed up the moving target, or can you groove it with some practice?

5. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

They can speed up the targets. They can make them so fast that you can't load arrows fast enough. But Paul will never do that. On the moving target you can speed it up and slow it down. People do get it patterned. Alot of the time we just switch direction on the target. That will mess you up pretty good. Good luck next time you shoot it. Like I said you will get hooked on it.

Mo.Hick