3d scoring

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by beenfarr, Dec 29, 2007.

1. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

OK, sometimes you have a 10x, sometimes the 10x is an 11. Sometimes there's one little ring, usually the 10x, and sometimes there are 3 or 4 little rings???

Are all three of the tiny tings 11 points if their in the 10 ring? :frusty:

2. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Uh, O.K. I think we might need a little more info on the target.

3. Long Draw

Long Draw Banned

11's are IBO. Some of the xtra circles are for change up...for example sometimes lower 12's in the a.m and sometimes its upper 12's in the p.m..

4. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

I think your right! :lol:

View attachment 5667

Notice 3 diagonal small rings inside of the 10 ring. Are they all worth 11's?

Ben

5. SinGin

SinGin Banned

Uh, What? No wait it kind of makes sense.

6. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Some of the extra rings are used for ASA scoring and they count them as a 14 ring. Usually the upper and lower, offset ring.

Hope this makes sense to you. I understand it, but don't shoot for 14's. My skills have eroded with age, along with my eyes. I have all I can do to find the 10 ring.

7. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

What if I'm scoring IBO, but have a target like this? Is only the center an 11?

Ben

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

normally yes, thats the way we do it at my club.....

9. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Yes, in IBO the rings score 11, 10, 8, 5. The center of the 10 ring being scored 11. I didn't say this right, butI hope you get it.

10. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Got it...I may have cheated on my last 3d coarse. :tape:

Ben

11. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

You score the center ring as a "11" :eek: :doh:

12. tedicast

tedicast Member

Huh???...now you tell us!!!!!

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

got me on that one guys.....but you did wake up didnt you:peace: :peace:

I dont know what I was thinking:doh:

What I ment to say was the Club closest to my house (SAUGERTIES) does it that way......

14. vonottoexperience

vonottoexperience Senior Member

Well, don't forget you still owe me a first place trophy from the last shoot :peace: :whoo:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

16. Timmer

Timmer Member

Wonder if it's a regional thing. Around me the IBO rings score 12, 10, 8, 5. I shot with a guy from down south and he thought the 12-ring was also an 11. At least this is the way most shoots around here score them. If ASA rings are used the 14 is usually on the edge of the 8. If you miss the 14 ring there is a distinct possibility of taking a 5.

The following is a link to the Rinehart site. Click on the "target scoring" button for an view of ASA -vs- IBO -vs- Universal inserts. They don't show points though.

http://www.rinehart3-d.com/why-rinehart.aspx

17. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

Timmer,

IBO used to use the little center ring as a 12. They did away with this a couple years ago and changed it to an 11.

If your local clubs want to use it as a 12 then I'd say as long as they are all consistent then so be it. Just be aware that if you go to an IBO snactioned shoot or a qualifier that it will score as an 11.

I kinda like the ASA 14 rings. I can aim for the 10 ring and have a 50-50 chance of getting a 14. LOL.

18. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

it all depends what rules your going by. Ibo has a center x which counts as 11and thats it. rest is standard. 11,10,8,5,0. Asa depending on target might have an upper and lower ring inside the 10. most just have the lower. which scores as a 12. the real small ring which is usually top back outside 10 ring are the 14 ring.