3D Shooter Stake Question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Shakes_602, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Shakes_602

Shakes_602 Junior Member

As I am a Rookie here, I just wondered what the "Ruling" is for Recurve Shooter Stake Distance? I understand the Bowhunter, etc. Stakes, but I just came from a Shoot that didnt have a Recurve Specified Stake. I was told that I had to shoot from a Yellow Stake, then I was told that the Yellow was too far back for a Recurve. Guess I am just a Tad Confuzzed. :confused: :rolleyes:

2. Burnz

Burnz Junior Member

All of the shoots I have been to have a specified "traditional" stake; they are usually under 20 yds. The "competition" stake is usually 30-50 yds, and the "hunter" about 18-35.

3. Shakes_602

Shakes_602 Junior Member

Thank You for the Info!! The Shoot here in Town is a 2-Day Shoot, and I will hit them up about it in the Morning. I do believe I was the only one shooting "Traditional", so who knows what tomorrow will bring! :D

4. Burnz

Burnz Junior Member

Did some research on stake placement. This IBO website has all the official rules on stake placement for all different classes and scoring:
    http://www.ibo.net/rules/

PETE

5. Shakes_602

Shakes_602 Junior Member

Wow, Thank You for the Info and the WebSite! It will sure come in handy for me!! :D