3D sight

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Sammy PSU, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Sammy PSU

Sammy PSU Guest

I have a Spot Hogg Hunter with a wrap (which is SWEET :peace: ) for my hunting bow; however, was looking for opinions on a 3D sight. I was leaning towards the Hogg It. Any thoughts? I haven't shot competitively........but I'm headed that way......can you use a 2X lens in competitive 3D?

Thanks Fellas. Sam

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I have used a 4 power lense for a while now, but just shot a couple of weeks without a lense and shoot better, without it....:noidea:

3. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I just ordered vipers nes micro adjust with a 6X lens

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

You can use 2x if you want. buy the adapter for your spot hogg so you can use a lense. And you can leave your sight pins in. This way you can shoot unlimited pins or any open class you want!! Just an idea. Or get the hogg it? its all up to you!!!

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think I am going to try 0 power lense w/a dot......:noidea:

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

I tried a 6x before on my CR Apex scope . I found on the closer targets it is hard to find a spot to go for. And is real blurry on the close ones also. clarifier didnt help much. So, I went back to a 4x. And all is fine!

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I just got a Sureloc 2x lens/scope/550 sight.
    Oh man... Nice, but I'm having issues with peep aperture vs. scope diameter.
    I'm sure I'll be asking questions as I work this out... My sight window just kind of shrank too much so now I'm not seeing what I usually see, which is causing target panic big time.
    I guess I need to work this out and get used to it....

Ron

8. pdq 5oh

pdq 5oh Guest

Use of a lens depends on class and organization. Some allow them, some don't. Both Sword and Copper John offer pin sights you can put a lens in. A lens can present problems in wet weather and when the sun shines directly on them. It's like anything else. Try one to see if you like it, and if it offers any advantages.

9. chelleo

chelleo Guest

Maybe you need the 35mm scope which is better for other than target, or maybe even the 42mm scope. I use the 29mm but that is really mostly for target so I might even end up getting another scope if I start doing some 3-D stuff. As for the peep I have the Hooded Super Ball peep with a #1 clarifier and that works fine but for other types of shooting don't know you might need bigger appature.

I love my Sure-loc and 29mm Eagle scope. I have it tweeked out really well now, just have to get aiming even better but it's great.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, I was thinking the 35mm scope as well. I'm going to keep working on this setup though. A new to me bow ('06 Ovation) that's much longer than I'm used to is also factoring into this since the alignment of the peep is different than my hunting bow. The weather has just not cooperated, along with my work schedule as of lately.

Are you using a pin or just a dot ? I'm using the up pin/intensity kit. I think the pin might be bugging me a little bit with a scope so relatively small. I might try a dot on the lens.

Ron

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  11. chelleo

chelleo Guest

Ron, I'm using a fairly small dot and the circle...I like that alot. I thought about the pin but thought the dot would be easier to focus on and the circle is extra helpful. You sorta get that circle going around the X and it works actually pretty well. The dot just sorta sits there hugging that X but you focus more on the circle.