5 Spot vs Single Spot

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BowhuntnHoosier, Dec 2, 2006.

1. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Ok what is going on here I can shoot a single spot and slap arrows in the 5 ring all day but when I go to the 5 spot I put arrows everywhere.:noidea: I was shooting a 5 spot the other day and completely missed the target.:mad: Is this possibly due to a lack of concentration or could it just be a mental flaw(no smart a$$ comments here please).:laugh: I am getting very frustrated. HELP

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

used to happen to me all the time......then I switched to a five spot all the time....no more worries.....

the problem is you....not your equipment.....maybe someone moved your magnets???

When you are shooting at a five spot the 0 factor is not there.....

the 0 (zero) factor is......when shooting at a five spot you have alot less room for error....meaning if you are off by a little ona single you still get a 4 or maybe a 3 ......but if your off on a five spot by that same amount you looking at 0

3. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It's got to be mental...no offense intended...you must be getting distracted...are you seeing spots:pound: sorry couldn't help it.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

thats funny right there,.......

5. BowhuntnHoosier

So then I should continue to shoot the 5 spot and wait for things to improve??? Thanks buddy for the insight.:hug:

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

dont wait too long indoor season might be over before things improve for a guy w/ your skills.....:peace: j/k

7. BowhuntnHoosier

:laugh: :laugh: Oh gee..............that is so funny.:caked: YES I AM SEEING SPOTS. Thanks for all the help. J/K I knew I left the door wide open for that.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you didnt think that was funny???? then you need to leave......

9. BowhuntnHoosier

No way can you get rid of me. I like hanging out with all the other RIF RAF.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah you found somplace to fit in....maybe Chris will let us make a RIFRAFVILLE.....:bored:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

I'm runnin for mayor. Or maybe Sheriff????????

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you.....sheriff....I think not....

you would have to go thru some serious tests to become sheriff.....

do you like coffee? dougnuts?.....extra dipping glaze???

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That would be cool...Then Dredly could buy a vacation home there...

14. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Can I be your Deputy???:eyebrows:

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

deputy dog......

dredly wants a vacation home???probably in NYC???:laugh:

16. BowhuntnHoosier

You sure can and your first order of business is to find some charge we can pin on Bowman to get him ran out of town.:rockon:

17. Frank

Frank Member

Mental issue

Actually this is a mental issue, another person is having the same problem. He can sink arrows all day long in the single spot but when he starts shooting multiple spots he is all over and also misses the target. I would suggest that you go back to basics shooting multiple spots start with shooting at 10yrds. as you start sinking arrows were you want them step back to 15yrs and continue to shoot and so on(same thing as blank bale shooting IMO). You just have to overcome the mental barrier of shooting a different target. I hope this helps good luck.:peace:

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

First we need to figure out what is a punishable offense...Like blaitent threadjacking...
    In the FIRST DEGREE!!:eyebrows:

19. BowhuntnHoosier

Thanks Frank I have been doing some 10 yard drills and alot of blank baling to try and relax and just feel the shot. I guess its kinda like when I had TP just gonna take some time to fix.

20. ib4hoyt

ib4hoyt Riff Raff

its all in your head, right between your ears........your afraid that you'll miss .

1 arrow at a time in the middle .............don't make me give you a :hug: