65% or 80%

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by kbohunt, Mar 31, 2007.

1. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Who is really shooting 80%
    I havent found one bow that is true 80% letoff,have you ?
    im not sure but at one time pope & young would not recognize a trophy if it was taken with a bow that shoot with more than 65% letoff is this true?
    thank's for your input.intrested :biggrin1:

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I've never had mine measured to be certain. Pope and Young will recognize it they just put an * by the entry signifying that a higher letoff was used in harvesting the animal.:peace:

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

It was that way years ago but I don't know how they do it now.
    I shoot 'em to put meat in the freezer, not to hang 'em on the wall do I don't pay much attention.

Ron

4. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

meat in the freezer

:amen: on meat in the freezer that's all ive been doin for:doh: 30 year's now but son turned 19 & ive desided to put more effort into finding me & him a trophy. this year ive booked 3 hunt's 2 week's in pike county ill.1 week in adam's county ohio.
    i've never even been on one of them hunt's & i book 3.wife say's im crazy.
    i told her,no im just getting to old to fast.:laugh:

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Yae we are crazy like a fox.. Go getem KBH. Smokes

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

KBH ahve ya ever been to Ft Belvior, in NE VA? I hear tha there are some really big deers there and it is bow only. I have wanted ta hunt there just never took tha time to go . Smokes

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

ft belvior

Ive heard of it & the deer there but never been.
    ive hunted radford army amo.plant in radford huge buck's
    & fort picket in blackstone both places have quota hunt's
    the biggest buck's ive seen in the state i videoed at yorktown battle field park
    i use to spend time at a camp ground down there & near dark hundred's of people would come to see the deer.for year's hunting was band but the past 2 year's archery only/lottery drawing/50 hunters a year/10buck permit's the rest have to take doe's.
    ive video 50 deer in about a 75acre field half were buck's 4 better than 20in.&10pt's 1 would go in the 200class we counted 21pt's 25to30in beam's the deer stood 30yd's eating i watched for 45min before wife got bored i didnt i went back up there every evening watchin that monster.:biggrin1: