8 Ptr with 14" G2s?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Chris, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I had a customer come in last night. He said he saw a giant 8 pointer and said it had huge tines about 14-15" G2s. I said WHAT!?

He wips out his cell phone and says, I got a pic of him. I could really tell what he would have scored from it but the tines were LONG!

He estimated the deer in the high 150's as an 8 pointer.:peace:

Why can't I see deer like this when I am out.:doh:

2. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

3. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Would get a good case of buck fever...unless you had ice water in your veins.Chris...i know this isn't a big 8 for where some of you guys live and hunt,but for where i live/hunt(mark twain forests) it's a good one.Got an opinion on what he'd score.

4. tnts79

tnts79 Senior Member

A friend of mine found the sheds from a deer we like to call the "high tine buck" his g2 measured over 14" 2 years ago! I'm sure that buck would have scored in the 140"s two years ago. No one has shot it so that deer is still around and going on 6 1/2.... I sure would like to see him this year.:rockon:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

No clue what he would score but I love the wood on the walls! is that panelling or are you in a cabin?

6. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Id say between 115 nad 125
    A bow kill of 120 qualifies fer P&Y:p

7. IChim2

It's wood..#2 knotty pine tung and grove.I did the whole inside a couple years when i built the house.Our other house was all blazing white dry wall and we decided this time to make it different.Me and Jeanne built the whole house by our selves...I'm a carpenter by trade.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Thanks,ICHIM!

My wife was sitting beside me when i poped up your walls!
    Now your gonna have to fly down here and do mine!:lol:
    Great work there!
    The deer score: around 115 to 125 maybe a little more, depends on the main beam length?
    I scored deer at the hunting show down here 10 years ago.
    If ya get with me i can get you an acurate score on it!:biggrin1:

9. IChim2

The main beams are 21 1/8" long from base to tip..The b/tines are 5 3/8"...the longest points are 9.5...the other 2 points are 6 1/4.

10. IChim2

bump..where you at Kbo.

11. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Alright!

Its gonna take awhile to score it but ill walk ya thru it.
    Get a string about 30in long and a tape measure and stretch the tape out 30in.And a card or something flat like a credit card.
    1:measure from the burr at the base to the tip of each main beam,write both down and add the 2 beams up.

2:Take the credit card and hold it crossing each point where they go into the main beam, (dont measure the thick part of the main beam just the point length) Measure the G123 & 4, if its a 10pt buck.Length only.add them up.

3:measure the thickness of the main beam between each point starting above the Burr,before the G1, between the G1 and G2,Between the G2 and G3
    Add them up.

4:measure the greatest distance of the Inside spread between the beams.

Add them all up and tell me what ya got, Ta see if ya did it right.

This ruleing is for a green score!
    I think buy the looks of it your buck is around: 125-130:biggrin1:

12. IChim2

Crap.....it woild have made P&Y than...Thanks Kbo.