8125 vrs 452X

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Mathews Man, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

How much faster is 8125? Are 452X alot less likely to rotate peep? Any other pros or cons let me know. I am looking to buy a new string so any info would be great.

2. rpford53

rpford53 Member

There al a lot of people when they get custom strings they use 8125 for the string and 452X for the cabling, and yes I am one of those. 8125 is a little faster, but does creep alittle more than 452X. The benifit to this setup is that your cabling is where you want the most stability. The string is where you can pick up a few extra fps by using 8125, and once shot in there will not be any more creep.

3. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I have never shot 452, but hear it is more stable. I think it's more a matter of who makes the rigging and how it's done. I've never had an issue with 8125 and I shoot a 2 cam bow. To that end I would probably suggest 8125 for string and 452 for cables, too, if you want the best in speed and stability.

4. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

The mix sounds like a good idea.

5. TEN RING

TEN RING ONE SHOT ONE KILL

On my darton pro 2000 with 8125 I got 301 fps with 452 I got 299 fps all at 60 lb and with a 350 grain arrow.

6. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

This is the info I was looking for. If I only gain 2 FPS I think I will try the
    452X I have always used the 8125. And I think it is time for a change. I shoot 60lbs and a 360 grn arrow.

7. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Do Work!

452x

I'm a fan of 452x for everything....Yeah I might drop a couple fps with all 452x material but I think it's more stable than 8125. With 452x strings & cables once my bow is set that's where it stays.

8. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

Thats what I am looking for- Set it and forget it.

9. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

I use 452 X on all of my bows.

10. NJBuckBuster

NJBuckBuster Waiting on Sept...

If you are looking for a set and forget string/cable than 452X is the only way to go.. I have a lot of bows and always changing string/cables.. I have tried 8125 on a few of my bows and do not like it... The few FPS that you gain is not worth the stretch and creep.. I use 452X on all my bows now for both string/cable and have had no problems...

As long as you use a good string maker you will have no problems.. No matter who makes the harness you do have a shoot in period regardless what they tell you.. The harness needs to settle in the tracks... I usually shoot them 40-50 times after installing them and than do your peep and final tuning....

NJBB

11. Shooters Edge

Shooters Edge Junior Member

Size Matters!

The sizing of the string itself has more to do with the speed difference then the material itself. Winners Choice does a great job of making 8125 reasonably stable, but out here in the desert 452X rules!

12. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

I ordered a string 452X just this week form or very own JC- I cant wait to get it and tune er up. Hopefuly I'll get some pics posted once I get it on:rockon: