82nd Airborne arrived... Possible rest troubles.

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Ronhop, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

OK, it finally came in but I'm having an issue. I don't think a pic or pics will explain it so I'll do my best to use words.

I have a NAP Quick Tune 3000 (prong style) rest I put on it. I use a laser center shot tool for initial rest center shot setting and tune from there.

When I use the laser to set center shot I do not quite have enough windage adjustment to get the laser to hit the arrow tip. I need about 1/32 more but it's just not there. But, if I sight down the string, arrow and handle centerline everything lines up very very close which means I'm not very far off.

That QuickTune 3000 has a lot of adjustability and I've used it on 4 different bows with very good success. I'm just shocked that the 82nd required that much travel to get close to having center shot correct. I'm going to paper tune it this afternoon and see what it's shooting like but I wanted to know if any of you folks that have an 82nd or worked on setting one up had an issue with rest adjustments. The issue is that if I am still too far to the right when I try and paper tune it I won't have any adjustment left and will need to fork over more cash for a new rest... Then the question will be: Which rest will work properly ? Anybody try a drop away with an 82nd ? Opinions ?

Pics will be forthcoming when I get it set up and my Posten stab shows up so no man-law broken yet... Stay tuned and thanks for any feedback in advance...

Thanks,
    Ron

2. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Anybody ? :noidea:

HELP ME PLEASE I'M FALLING !!!!!
    And I don't want to fall and not be able to get up...

Ron

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Don't know about the 82nd????

Don't know about the QT3000????

Slap a WB on it and you will be all set.:lol: :peace:

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I don't know man....
    A WB is not my style... :lol:

Ron

5. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Ok......its your call but your gonna regret it.:wave:

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:lol:

Naw, been with a WB before. This bow is going to be for 3D... 350 fps IBO with the speed mod is probably not the place to put a WB. But, hey ! Who knows... :bowl:

Ron

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  7. Dens228

Dens228 Senior Member

Did you remove the set screw move the prong over on the shaft?
    That part is adjustable also.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, good catch but I already did that... I'm out of room on that.

Thanks bud.

Ron

9. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Ron this has got me puzzeled can you post a pic? Is there that much distance from the side of the bow to the string? What kind of lazer alignment tool are you using?...:noidea: :noidea:

10. fusion3

fusion3 Junior Member

try a drop away whisker biscuit. should solve all issues.

11. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I have my camera charging as we speak.
    The riser seems very thick in the area just above and below the handle.
    If you compare it to mty Ovation the riser is like twice as thick.

I'll post a pic a bit later with the laser mounted on there and see if I can get a good image of what I'm talking about.

Thanks,
    Ron

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

A drop away whisker buscuit ? I'm not sure what that is... :noidea:

Ron

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Oh, the laser I use I believe is called the ez-eye center shot laser alignment tool. It 'installs' where your sight would install and has an adjustable/rotating head. You adjust it so the laser is focused on the center of the string, abover the nock and then rotate the head out toward the point of the arrow. You adjust your rest so the laser is focused right on the arrow point. You now have more or less an exact center shot to begin tuning with. The problem is that the rest don't have enough adjustability to get the tip of the arrow on the laser...

I'll try and take a good image to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Ron

14. clemenlp

clemenlp Diamond in the Rough

Do you need more adjustment towar the riser or away from the riser? Sorry if this is stupid, but I am having trouble picturing it.

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I need just a hair more away from the riser.

I've been trying to get a good pic now that my camera is charged but I can't get a good angle on it. I've been messing with it for 15-20 mins now. I'll get a decent pic of what I'm trying to explain and post it. It's actually easy to see, I'm just not doing the best job of describing it.

I'll get a pic up here sooner or later...

Ron

16. RxBowhunterKS

RxBowhunterKS Paddle in water

A lot of people are using the Limb Driver rest for the Airbornes.