82nd airborne bowtech

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by huntin hard, Dec 19, 2007.

1. huntin hard

huntin hard New Member

help.. just got my 08 82nd airborne, has anybody found a way to get rid of the string noise form the build in string dampner.

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

What kind of noise is it making?

3. huntin hard

huntin hard New Member

08 82nd airborne

its making a smaking noise when the string hit the factory damper

4. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I'd say you'd have to take off the dampner to stop that.....:noidea: Then you'll have string buzz after the shot.:doh:

5. huntin hard

huntin hard New Member

82 airborne

i did that and like u said the sound is long and low. i may put my sts on this bow also

6. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

My Firecat has an STS on it and I don't really notice it. I had a Jennings a couple years ago with a string stopper built into the cable guard and it made the slapping sound you are referring to.

I haven't dealt with any of the new Bowtech's so I can't really recommend anything other than to try your STS and see if it helps...

7. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Don't know about the 82nd but my General seems pretty quiet to me. :noidea:

8. J.C.

J.C. New Member

It's adjustable isn't it? Maybe try backing it up a 1/8" and see what happens. :noidea:

9. huntin hard

huntin hard New Member

blazer vanes

since i got my new bow ive really notice the noise from the vanes. what are the alternatives to the balzers

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Instead of blazers you can get Quick Spins or Duravanes but I've never had any kind of issue w/ blazers...

also it sounds like your string suppressor is to far away from the riser... the stopper isn't supposed to keep the string from coming to its normal place, its supposed to keep it from going past its normal place

11. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I've heard that both the 82nd and 101 are a little on the loud side but I've heard both are shooters for sure. Maybe just keep them on the range and out of the woods. That built in string supressor idea was a good one, but I don't think its really functional.

Could you take the factory off and replace it with a cutom shock stop? In other words, do they come with the rear tap since they come with the built in supressor??

12. mdewitt71

mdewitt71 Senior Member

Everyone that I have talked to said if it did make some "contact" noise, the bow was quieted down by adjust the stopper to the left or right a tad.
    I too have heard mixed reviews about it but will still get on to make my own mind up. :D

13. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

The 101 I shot yesterday was very Quiet not as quiet as the Guardian or General, but noise levels for a Speed bow are as low as I've heard. I Loved the way it drew, shot, and grouped:biggrin1:
    Can't wait til mine arrives:cool:

Dan