900 round

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I went to the 900 round today. Wow, I didn't think 90 arrows would be that big of a deal, but I was ready to be done the last couple rounds. Anyhoo, I shot 786/900. Not great, but I was almost happy with my score. I shot the wrong target once and through one whole round I was seeing some large blurring, flashing colors out the side of one eye :noidea: It was fun and tiring.

2. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

The 900 round is my absolute favorite! Nice big inviting target...the distances aren't too imposing...tons of fun!

I host three 900 rounds per year, and shoot at every other one I can find!

Contrats on your fine score! Now you have a baseline for comparison!

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I think I will be looking for more to shoot :biggrin1:

4. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

I shot my first 900 round in 2001, and fell in love. A bunch of friends and I started an archery shop in 2004, and have been hosting three per year since then!

Our last one was a fundraiser for Lori Clements, one of our JOAD kids that came down with Leukemia. She was a regular at our 900 rounds before her illness.

You can read about her and see our 900 round scores and photos here:

www.huntsvillearcheryclub.com

Like I say....I shoot every one of them I can find within driving distance!:p

5. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Good link RK..lots of good reading.

6. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

I just shot a 900 round today for practice except I forgot it's supposed to be in yards not meters. For the senior olympics we're supposed to do the American 900 which is yards. I ended up with a score of 811 and I guess that wasn't too bad considering we had the heaviest mist I've shot in here at the park. Luckily all my stuff is waterproof :laugh:

Yes I said Senior Olympics...anyone over age 50 can participate and I can't wait till 2009 when it will be pretty much in our back yard. It will be at Stanford University which is about an hour or so from us. They group people by age group so it's pretty nice. You get 5 min to shoot 6 arrows so my friend and I deceided that was time to get the walkers set up and you have time to get some bengay rubbed in between shots :p

7. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Good job Wheels. Sounds interesting can someone give me some rules and the format???

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I don't know about rules, but We were all lined up on the line at 60 yds. Shot 6 arrows, then Group B shot 6 arrows, went and scored, came back and did the same thing till we had each shot 30 arrows at 60 yds. Then we moved up to 50 & 40 yds and did the same thing. 90 arrows total. OH and the target was really Big

9. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

Wheels3 is correct.

An American 900 round (an NFAA product) is exactly as she describes, and the target is 122cm accross.

The International 900 round (an NAA product) is the same, except you substitute meters for yards (i.e., 60 meters is 66 yards).

A 900 round is some of the best fun on an archery range!

10. beenfarr

beenfarr Senior Member

Sounds like a blast, I want to shoot one!

Ben

11. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Even though I was very tired, I still wanted to go shoot more. :noidea: :D

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

122 cm is BIG... I bet I could hit it once or twice!

13. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

What kind of backstops can/do you use for the large target face?

14. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

the big round ones held up with 3 leg stands.

15. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Go to Hips Targets and you can get one of these http://www.hipstargets.com/catalog.asp?cat=3
    I use the Medium Duty 24 which I hang on a bale at the park. It also can stand on it's neat little stand built in. It's alot less expensive than the round ones and those expensive stands. You can also buy replacement centers so you don't have to buy a new target. I trim alot off then fold back but I still can get the blue on the target and that's as far off I've ever pretty much gone.

16. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

Now you have experienced FITA which is pretty neata :laugh: I am working on doing my 900 round in yards this time...duhhh...forgot and did meters but it goes alot faster than the full FITA of 144 arrows. Talk about getting tired. I did it in a practice in about 4 hours. I did "cheat" and shot 9 arrows at a time doing the 50 and 30 meter section. Makes it go alot faster not much walking.