A Good Bow to start with...

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by BuschMan, Jan 2, 2007.

1. BuschMan

BuschMan Junior Member

I am getting a Hoyt MT Sport bow(60-70lb) and am wondering if this is a good start? And if anyone has suggestions for sights, releases, etc, please feel free to give your input. Thanks

2. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

My opinion, any of the newer model bows would be great starters if the brace height is at least 7" and you are around 36" a to a. Same goes for the sights, you want something with bright optics and durable. I personally prefer a thumb release over the trigger finger. Stay within your budget cause you can always upgrade from there. Main this is to get out and shoot. Make sure you attend a couple of 3d shoots, you'll have a great time :peace:

3. BuschMan

BuschMan Junior Member

Thanks, I will keep that in mind

4. ya, hoyt bows are great i wish i started off with one. my first bow was one from the 1980's it was a 12 year old bow but it shot arrows and thats all that that matters,right?:noidea: mobowman is right'3d shoots are lots of fun and youll get to meet people that will help you with any question you might have and make new freinds.as far as sights and rest go there is alot out there get the one that appeals to you and work from there they can get pretty pricey!like for example mine cost me a whoppin $220.00 and thats just for sights!!!:doh: the T.R.U. ball stinger release is a great one to start of with and its only $34.95 and it will last you a lifetime.pic below

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007