A/T...confused...

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by IChim2, Sep 21, 2007.

1. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Yesterday evening a person asked a question about where he could get a String Suppressor because a certon company wasn't answering his emails/phone calls and i mentioned Meanv and my/and anyones else's posts who mentioned his name were removed.Is it really getting this bad on these talk sites to the point to where you feel like your walking on egg shells.:frusty:

2. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

MeanV isn't allowed on AT and anyone advertising his product gets squished pretty quickly.

3. IChim2

The person who asked the ? has over a thousand posts so he's no newbee...If you can't answer the ? than why didn't they just yank the thread alltogether.He stated that he had made several attempts to contact the company and made phone calls and decided to try someone else.Alot of people who uses his css still advertise it under their avator.

4. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Getting a bit tired of the chest thumping Martin BS myself. Hopefully the guy read our posts on how to get to Meanv before it was pulled.

I have had other posts and threads removed for no reason as well. Maybe they should just change the name to Martin Talk, then at least I could make some sence of the BS.:frusty:

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I dunno what all happened but it was pretty big and they basically barred everyone from advertising his product on there.

If I know the thread you are referring to its about the STS and them not responding right?

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

wow I thought I was the only one who thought that.......:tape:

7. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

So what did MeanV do to hurt their feelings?

8. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

He shoots a Bowtech.:rockon:

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think it had something to do w/telling a mod to bodily harm to themselves w/a broadhead....its probably not the truth, but thats what everyone was told....:dizzy:

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

think it had something to do with legal battles with STS or something? Honestly I don't know the whole story and couldn't give any details other then mentioning him on AT will get your post pulled.

11. IChim2

Yeah that it.I thought it was Archers helping Archers.

12. IChim2

I don't own a Martin....So what the :censored: am i suppose to talk about.

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

just put that your thinking about a martin in your sig....all will be well:laugh:

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Archers Helping Archers as long as the help isn't advertising for a company that AT has banned from the boards.

It is becoming more and more commercialized and the Mods are attempting to protect their paying sponsors more and more. I sort of agree with the idea but I also think it prevents a lot of the "true" reporting that would come in.

I really don't see much of the brand bashing or questions being filtered out, unless it would result in additional business being given to a black balled member (in this case MeanV).

It would be the same as Chris not allowing somone who is selling a nearly identical QSA stand to come on here and bash QSA in order to promote his own sales (I'm not saying this is what MeanV did!)

15. IChim2

I'm a user of 3 or 4 sites(i enjoy this one the most:biggrin1: ) and as far as i know...i've never bashed any products....But i will stand up for products that i think/know are good one's.

16. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

wasn't impying that you did :) But the mods also aren't found of providing free advertising from a product that was blackballed form the site I guess.

17. IChim2

Sorry Dredly...I didn't mean that 1st part to sound like it was aimed at you.Sometimes i'm not that great speaking through a Key Board.

18. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Nope I wasn't thinking it was especially considering how much I bash products that I've used in the past that I hated (regardless of if they pay for advertising or not) :)

19. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

Yes and no. They protect pro Martin people selling products, not necessarly just sponsors. That is why you see a guy selling custom strings as a second income get banned, yet the full time, custom string builder (who is not a sponsor) continue to be a part of AT.

They are selective banning those that say ANYTHING bad about a Martin product, or a sponsor there.

20. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I was banned from AT for saying something about an AT mod on THIS site:frusty: :frusty: