advice-spyder

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by gumby, Aug 21, 2007.

1. gumby

gumby Junior Member

I was looking at buying some t.r.u. ball spyder speed silencers. Are they a good thing<do they really add speed while adding silence.

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont know mush aboutthem, but welcome to the forum.......

i would personally just get a STS type suppresser......

3. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I agree with Bowman. I recently got an STS and it's amazing. I don't throw the word 'amazing' around either. I also bought a MeanV supressor for my hunting bow but have not put it on yet. Looking forward to the same result with that. Personally I'd go with the MeanV supressor (from this site) as opposed to the actual STS since it's simpler...

Welcome also...

Ron

4. hduc2005

hduc2005 Senior Member

:noidea: :noidea: :noidea: but welcome

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

The only negative about the MeanV is its custom fit for each bow so if you upgrade to a new bow you need a new one... that being said it is also nice to not have the extra weight that the STS brings with it or the bar hanging out.

and it looks about 500% cooler!

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

You're correct all around but I figured it would just add a little to the resale value of the bow too. And it does look 500% cooler...

Ron

7. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

If I remember correctly (and I may not!) but the Spiders shredded pretty bad when a friend of mine used them. I think he got about 400 shots or so (if that) and one sliced in half.

He uses those little Limb Saver ones now that look sort of like lighting bolts and he hasn't had an issue.

8. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Box Jax are pretty tough too. I have them on my Allegiance and they are at least 1-1/2 years old and I could not tell you how many shots have gone through that thing. They outlasted 2 sets of strings/cables and they still look like new.

Ron