advice

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by gumby, Jul 30, 2007.

1. gumby

gumby Junior Member

I have been looking at buying a new bow for huntn this year. Ive narrowed down to the ross cardiac and the mathews drenlin. any advice?

2. SinGin

SinGin Banned

3. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Have you shot both?

Pick the one that feels best to you. Forget what everyone else teels you to buy. It is a personal preference type of thing. Whichever bow feels best in your hand when you are shooting it. Thats the one to buy in my opinion.

4. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, what he said. go to multiple shops, if possible, and shoot as many bows as you can and choose the best feeling one (within your budget).

Good luck !

Ron

5. MoBowman

MoBowman Senior Member

You have to get what ever fits you the best. But being a Ross shooter myself (I also have a Mathews) I think you will find that they are a top of the line bow priced very reasonably. I have met several of the folks down at Ross and shot with a couple and you won't find a more down to earth group of folks.

That being said, get out and shoot em and don't go for just the manufacture. Check out the Bowtech and Hoyts also. You will shoot better if your equipment feels confortable to you.

6. philg

philg Member

I have never shot that ross but I have the drenalin. I love it...smooth, quiet and fast. I am not saying that the ross is not good . I can only speak of my happiness with my drenalin.

7. Gator eye

Gator eye Guest

There are sooo many good shooting bows out there today it's almost hard to go wrong.
    Find a shop that will let you shoot as long as you want and just start shooting them, sooon one of them will start talking to you and whispering in your ear.

8. Slippy

Slippy Buckeyes #1

I would probably side with the drenalin. But, I doubt you would be disappointed with either.

9. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

yep!

Ill second that, or the Mossy oak X
    I shot both and the mossy is slower but felt like it was built better, and a couple hundred dollars cheaper!:noidea:

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's about what it amounts to...

Ron

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

if they start talking to me, i am going to give up archery:lol: