After the hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Lone Wolf, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

So tell me what do all of you great hunters do when hunting season is over. Lets hear it. Me i wait for the ice to freeze, love those tasty Bluegills and Perch! oh ya! Lone Wolf.

2. IAHunter11

IAHunter11 Member

Same here when I am not hunting I am fishing water frozen or not.... Fish hunt fish hunt fish hunt.... I guess I work too but that is only to hunt and fish

3. heathshayne

heathshayne Junior Member

When the season is over it's all indoor spots for me.....lots of tournaments and leagues :biggrin1: We also do a lot of ice fishing.

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

indoor and Ice fishing is were its at.....when we are not riding......

5. Scablands

Scablands Member

Enjoy a little boredom.

Watch college basketball and hunting shows on tv. Feed cows, shoot in my yard, build arrows, talk about last season and next years prospects. No indoor archery within 100 miles around here that I know of.

6. Blue Mts

Blue Mts Junior Member

Its over

when the hunting season is over, I eat alot of meat.:laugh:

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Shoot Dots

I love the winter to tune up my form shooting Dots. Love dem dots:hug: . Holy Smokes

8. roosevelt

roosevelt Junior Member

i fish, salmon and steelhead:peace: i work a few days a month too.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

sit inside and get fat :)

this year I'll be shooting my first spots league though so thats something to look forward to... especially considering i haven't shot my spots bow (OG) for about 2 1/2 months

10. Radar

Radar Story of my life

Constantly mess with my bows, shoot indoor 3D and spot leagues go to tourneys stuff like that

11. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I like to do some scouting after season. Gives me an idea of what exactly I missed while sitting in my stands. Gotta find me a new indoor range to shoot this year. Maybe I'll try the Archers Spot it is only about 20-25 miles from here. Only problem is they do not deal in Mathews yet. :Cry:

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Hmm 25 miles to avoid the Mathews Fanboys huh... I would consider the drive time well spent!

13. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

he is a Mathews fanboy........:doh: you should think before posting:doh:

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I did... I was hoping he was going to convert :)

15. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Junior Member

I shoot a Mathews also, right now its taking a long knap! I will wake it up real soon though! Lone Wolf! P.S. Yes its tired of shooting more deer than those other bows that i just cant mention! :tape: :laugh:

16. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

I ski at least 3 times a week, often 4. Winter rocks.

17. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

and lower himself to your side of the tracks.......that side of the tracks is were bad things happen....like wrestling.....:peace:

18. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I gave them a call and it seems as though they have the Mathews dealership from my old shop that closed. They have been wanting this for awhile I was told. So it seems as though they did'nt even deal in Mathews and were Darksiders.:biggrin1:

Sorry for the HIJACKING now :focus:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  19. INbowhunter75

INbowhunter75 New Member

After the hunt - when the real work begins

After season I focus on three things:

1) Excercise - I like to keep the old ticker and lungs in good shape. Dragging deer ain't for the weak. I also like to lift weights 2-3 times a week to keep the arms in top shape for a smooth draw and keep the legs in shape for rugged hikes during season caring gear and/or climbers into the woods.

2) Shed hunting/scouting - who lives hear and what did I miss.

3) More access - find out who owns that land then get access for a bowhunter.

20. IChim2

IChim2 IChim2 and he's a shooter

Still have a couple wks of bow season left and still plan to hunt as hard as possible.But after that i'm going to do a lot of cutting where my stands are at.....had a lot of tall under growth this past season.It's a lot easier to do that in the winter than in the summer....don't have to put up with the ticks/chiggers......than it's time to start thinking about spring turkey season..