age? score?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by I missed, Aug 31, 2008.

1. I missed

I missed Senior Member

i cant believe im getting bucks like these on my cam here! i have never seen anything close to this in previous years here:peace:

2. I missed

I missed Senior Member

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

age? Old enough
    Score? Shooter
    :noidea: :D

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I couldn't guess on a score from that picture. Age, no more than 3.5, if you told me 2.5 I'd not argue.

5. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

Apparently ever deer in the o****ry is 3.5. :biggrin1: . That, or they are the ones dumb enough to get on your trail cams. Every guess on deer age on this site is about "3.5". And I'd have to say this is no exception. Its pretty hard to tell, though.

6. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Going by his back and belly I would say 2.5 years. As for score I have no idea from that pic.

7. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

your right and the back ham is well defined, very muscular typical of a 2.5 yr old
    can't see tha rack

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

my gut reaction would be 2.5 yrs but that's a pretty nice rack for a 2.5. Tough to tell from the picture. It looks wider than it is because of the position of the ears. Nice deer and a shooter for many people.

9. I missed

I missed Senior Member

tea i dont know y the pic is showing up so poorly when i look at it in my pictures i can see it way better:noidea:

10. MagnifiedFur

MagnifiedFur Team 6

I dont think he is very old..2.5 yrs is a pretty good guess...:hungry: looks like a 6 point to me...I guess when you shoot him,you need to check out how much wear is on his teeth...

:hungry:

11. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

That's why I didn't commit firm to 2.5. There are guides who trust the rack more than the body when making an age call in the field, and like you said that picture is no help there.

12. I missed

I missed Senior Member

13. duckslayer870

duckslayer870 New Member

:D Id bet on 2.5 for sure. I think Id pass and catch him next year. he'll be even better.

14. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Man you sure are picky:laugh: