Airborn 82

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by scottg, Nov 20, 2007.

1. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I used the bow speed calculator to check out the new Bowtech Airborn 82.

29" DL
    60# DW
    6 grns on the sring
    325 grn arrow

326 FPS
    76.71 KE

That would have to be sweet to shoot 60 Lbs with that kind of speed and KE.

I know that the calculator may no be perfect, but it is dang close for my bow. It shows 293 FPS for my set up and I am shooting 290 FPS. :rockon: :rockon:

2. thehairlessone!

thehairlessone! Senior Member

It should be a heck of a bow

rick

3. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I can't wait to get my hands on one. Pulling back a maxed out equalizer and getting 326 would be smoken.

4. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

I have an Airborne 82 on order, both Airbornes are Awesome bows from all reports:cool:

Dan

5. Werd

Werd Senior Member

jeeeze laweeze...........what is the nessasity of all that, share a little bit of speed with the rest of us shooting under 300

6. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

All this year?:cool:

3 B-Bucks with the Compound
    1 Doe with the X-Bow
    4 Buck with the Rifle ( Spike, 3pt, 7pt, 8pt )
    1 Doe with the Rifle
    4 Buck with the Shotgun ( (2) 4pts, 2 B-Bucks )
    3 Doe with the Shotgun
    Total- 16

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I think thats lifetime........

8. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

wished we ahd deers round these parts when I was growning up
    i'd be up to 1000 by now

9. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I know that kind of speed is not needed for hunting and most 3D. I have never shot at a deer that jumped my arrow at 290 where 300 would have made a kill. But the newer bows are getting so fast now. I know that most remember pulling 80 lbs to 260-270, way back when. It would be nice and fun to shoot a bow pulling only 60 lbs and getting that kind of speed and flat shooting. :peace: :peace: :peace:

10. rpford53

rpford53 Member

I've yet to see or hear of any one who actually owns one. Like to see the real deal. :peace:

11. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

The 101's are in several shops:cool:

Dan

12. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

I know that it will after the first of the year, but I am going to my local shop to order one so that I can get my hands on it. I really don't want to have to pull 70 lbs to get the most out of my bow. I would love 60 lbs. I don't have to worry about my Tribute just sitting around if I get a new bow. My oldest son wants to upgrade from his Tomkat. I am interested to see how the new roller cable guard and CSS work on the new Bowtechs.

13. MeanV2

MeanV2 Senior Member

Scott, good point! My 60# Allegiance produces over 68# of KE, and the 60# Airborne will produce even more:cool:

Dan

14. Cameron

Cameron Senior Member

I have an A82 on order for a 3D bow. Today I am dropping off some of the "add on's" with the anodizer company. Should be a sweet looking rig when I am done.

15. scottg

scottg Huntin Junkie

That is what I am talking about. That is like having a corvette that get 30 miles to the gallon and still have 400 hp. We all know that we don't need 68 lbs of KE to get a pass through on a deer. I am more after an easy to draw weight and flat shooting.