All day....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Oct 22, 2006.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

how many people can sit in their stands all day???? How do you do it??? I can not sit past 10-10:30.....I try to get back in the stand by 2:00.....I just cant sit that long....

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I can't do it all the time, but I try. Today I lasted until noon. I got a cramp in my back and had to walk it out. But most days I can stay dawn to dusk. I bring a book with me to keep from getting bored:bored: . Take along something you can eat easily w/ one hand (because the minute both hands are busy you'll need 'em). Don't eat until later in the day and try not to drink alot. I used to get down around 10, and go back up at 1 or 2. Then one day I stuck it out and around 11:30 this big 8 came by. I couldn't get a shot, but I wouldn't have had the chance if I wasn't there.

3. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

bowman I'm about like you.I'm 70 years old and if i stay past 10-10:30 some one would have to pry me out of the stand. also bring me some dry pants. I'm not complaining, you have two choices grow old are die young

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

my problem is staying commited to one spot.....I always think there is a better tree over there, where the deer are more active.....and i have shot plenty of deer at 12:00 when I have stayed in the stand.....but just cant seem to do it more than 2-3 times a year....

5. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I dont hunt in the mornings, so im only in mine for about 2 hours in the eve. Killed 2 nice does this year, but the 2 big bucks just didnt quiet come in close enough, or didnt give a what i thought was a clean shot, saw 1 of the 2 almost every night, and both several nights.......boooo..

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I normally get in around 6:00 or so and leave around 10:30 - 11 then go back in around 1 or 2 and change spots.