almost forgot

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Mar 12, 2007.

1. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

to mention that I shot 304 on that 3-d I posted the pics of....30 targets some 12 were counted (I shot 7 12's)......:rockon:

first time ever over 300 on a 3d course.....:rockon:

probably the last time also....:rockon:

2. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Great shooting........:rockon:

I had a serious issue with my Apex 7 this weekend and had the worst score I have ever had. I did much better at my first ever shoot with pins.
    It was completely awful. I won't post the actual score, but I will say 6 targets didn't suffer new holes from my arrows (however, a couple trees, some leaves and a post did).....:doh:

I am not liking my Apex 7 at the moment like I initially though I might....:mad:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

That's great Bowman :rockon:

Do you guys shoot the unmarked 3D's very often? This will be my first year shooting at a marked 3d. My first one is next sunday, I am excited :biggrin1:

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

around here we dont have MARKED 3-d's they are all unknown......

5. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

I try to hit one every saturday I am off. I work every other weekend which really sucks. I shot a marked yardage 3D shoot one time, and it was more difficult for me than the unmarked.....:noidea:

Just have fun wheels. In spite of my rediculously lousy shooting saturday, I still had a good time and I don't regret one second of it.

6. Jay Are

Jay Are Junior Member

So you guys don't cheat and use rangefinders? :noidea: Also did you guys talk about the yardage together before you shot? In the end it doesn't matter, shooting over 300 is a great score (by my standards) if known or unknown yardage.:thumb:

When I shoot with a group we always, discuss the yardage first, than range it... the one conference I shoot, allows rangefinders on the course. But i find that when I shoot with a group and we talk about yardages or use a rangefinder i get lazy and when the time comes to use those geuss-timation skills, they are way off!!! Plus I am horrible at judging distance in the first place.:doh:

7. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

We mostly have IBO sanctioned shoots around here. Rangefinders are not allowed. Yardage talk isn't allowed either. We usually ask each other after the shot what each other shot it for. I don't want to know what the other guy is guessing anyway. I think range estimation is what separates 3D from field and without that skill, what is the point???:noidea:

8. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

With the guys I shot with, we never discussed the yardage until after we all shot and rangefinders were never allowed. They helped me a little my first couple shoots, but I picked it up pretty quick.

9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Is it discussing yardage if on a 20yrd target you tell your buddies to hold high w/there 60 pin?????:noidea: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

10. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

Nope. That is just making sure they don't have their heads up their arses....:biggrin1:

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's just wrong... :rolleyes:

12. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

sure do, like the way that target is turned will make it look closer. maybe WE should add about 5 yards. if I listened to my buds I would need 30 arrows for a shoot.

13. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Marked 3ds what are those> Marked would be great to learn your distance so be studing the yardage as you shoot em> ENJOY!!!!!!!:biggrin1:

Look at Tha Bowman--- Great shootin dude -- I guess I will have to carry your umbrealla for ya now> HS :laugh:

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

the best is when they ask if you tell them you shot it using the green pin and see what they do from there :laugh:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Nice shootin in those dark, slippery elements there buddy.:peace:

Marked 3D just would'nt be the same to me. I hope you have a great time sunday Wheels and good luck show em what that alpine can do.

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

:biggrin1: :doh: That's funny.....

17. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

Yardage Talk

We have IBO sanctioned shoots in the area, but most are unsanctioned. Yardage is not supposed to be discussed and rangefinders are not supposed to be used. Early in the year we'll guess the yardage then discuss it and finally range it to confirm our guesses. When we do this, we don't turn in our score cards. When shooting for the prizes, yardage talk is a no-no as well as range finders. I occaisionaly see range finders and hear yardage talked on the course at sanctioned shoots and wonder if I'll have to compete against those scores. If I'm not mistaken, ASA is going to a format where half of the targets are maeked yardage. I think this would add to the fun, but you have to travel south from here to find an ASA event

18. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

was the shoot walk up distance!!! LOL
    j/k
    nice job Bow!!

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Youre going to have fun... All of our shoots (if we ever have any again) are unmarked. They make things really interesting by changing the backdrop and target sized to mess with your distance estimating.

Have fun !

Ron

20. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

That's funny. My 20 is green and so is my 50...
    :laugh:

Ron