almost

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by killbambidead, Oct 21, 2007.

1. killbambidead

killbambidead bambi killer

so i wake up this mornin to go hunting and think .. eh its gonna happen this afternoon i aint goin and i went back to bed. i got to the woods at 430 and was up 20 ft in my summit by 5. i was at a T in a loggin road by some sinkholes. at about 620 a doe came blowin by and i was like wat the hell so i grabb my bow and am watchin her turn around and start to come back when another one comes flyin by. now im really wonderin wats goin on. they work there way to about 8 yds when i hear it. ive never heard it before and quite honestly i never thought i would hear it ... the buck roar. so i hear it and my heart stops. i grab my binos and start lookin. 5 minutes later i find him.. a big massive 10 with long tines ... im guessing a 155" deer. im runnin outta light and hes got about 60 yds to go before hes in ranger now its 640 and i can barely make him out at 50yds. he hangs up there and the does wander off and he follows .....soooooooo close... i am not shootin any other deer unless its bigger than this one .... a little rut activity in southern IL

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

That's awsome...

Where's that tree again???:biggrin1:

3. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

You fellars up ther just kill me all them big uns. and you would think you'd at least invite a lesser advantaged fellar up.
    where's yore hospitality.:laugh:

4. red44

red44 Senior Member

What's a buck roar sound like? I watched one grunting like a pig, with his nose buried in a doe's you-know-what. Like an elk bugling?

5. MoSkeeter0311

MoSkeeter0311 New Member

All you would have heard would have been me sobbing:Cry:

6. killbambidead

7. MichiganHunter

MichiganHunter Senior Member

o man... ive been there... its so close you can taste it. but the times its happend to me they have come back the next day!

8. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

you mean to the big buck or the the does "you know what" that the buck was snorting into? :lol:

9. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

He's just kidding, there are no big deer in Illinois.

10. killbambidead

no theres big deer they r all up north so go up there and get an outfitter :D ill stay here in southern IL