alright..New here

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Russellh2o, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Russellh2o

Russellh2o New Member

technology has changed in bows over the yrs..my question, why are some bow's equipped with dual cams and single cams, w/idler is it timing control issues when releasing?

2. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Single cam bows came about to try to ease tuning. It was supposed to be easier to tune one cam with an idler wheel than to try to syncronize two cams. I think it also had something to do with hand shock and nock travel. With the single cam cam a reduction in ATA. They have since been replaced on the speed front by the cam and a half and binary cams.

Hope I answered at least part of your question.:cool: Someone else will be able to expand on what I've said, or at least correct my errors :laugh:

3. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

:noidea: :noidea:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

4. Mathews Man

Mathews Man Foam Killer

well as far as different cams I dont know why they make em differant but I do know this.

(newer) single cams usually draw smother and more easily, but are lower in FPS,
    Hybrid cams- pull harder to the valley, but put out more FPS

Now Know I said USUALLY. At least in my experanice that has been the case.
    As far as tuning I have only tune Single cam bows, so I cant elaborate on the differance on tuning. I'll leave that up to someone with more knowladge on the subject.

5. Russellh2o

Russellh2o New Member

thanks for the welcome, Wheely and yes nice hat LOL

I can see where the ease of tuning is a major factor and most of all, the less stress applied to wrist ..just had some thoughts of how the industry has changed...most of all it was to ask and clarify on what type of bow i was going to purchase..so I bought a Justice by Bowtech 27" DL and #70.. thanks to all :rockon: