Aluminum vs. Carbon

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by brokenarrow, Oct 30, 2006.

1. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

I know this is one of those opinion things, Drop away vs WB, Ford vs Chevy, Blah Blah Blah:tongue1:
    Anyway, what are you using and why?

I have heard arguments from both sides and can only speak from my own expierience. I changed over to carbon years ago and love them, mainly for their durability. Since I changed over I lose less than half the arrows I used to(to damage that is :biggrin1: ). I have yet to bend a carbon, and believe me if any could do it I could:madgrin: .

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I always was an alluminum fan but hated bending or dinging them......So I tried some carbons.....gold tip hunters I beleive and have never looked back
    now its Maximas and really like them.......

3. papito

papito Petering it since 06

I prefer carbon because their either strait or broken there is no in between. I shoot gold tip xt hunters and i love them. If i miss a target at a 3d shoot and shoot it into the ground i can go pick it up and shoot it like its brand new. Carbons are by far the most durable and the toughest arrows you can buy!!!

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I love shooting my aluminum arrows but decided to buy some carbons this year. Carbon Force X-Weaves and love them they perform very well but seeing some pics of guys with a carbon arrows in the hands makes me wonder if I may not need to break out the old 2219's again?????? As for durability I have some old 2219's that are like 15 years old and still straight as an (arrow) pun intended. Again I think its all a matter of choice aluminum arrows have been around for years and do a great job. Alot of carbon shooters still use them for indoor spots because of the consistency in straightness with them. So I must say I like them both and thats my opinion.:wave:

5. Xtremesportsman

Xtremesportsman Junior Member

Carbons

I shot carbons when they were very thin, thinner than a pencil. I first started in 1996 with one of Eastern's, I can't remember the arrow. But when they stopped making it I switched to Beaman and the outserts were horrible. That's when I switched back to alum's. In 2004 after buying a new bow I switched to Beaman Hunters to try carbon's on for size one more time. I love the new carbons, I have yet to try any others but I don't see myself ever going back to alum's. In the last ten years not only have bows changed dramatically so have arrows. We have to learn to change with times in order to achive the best performance out here, otherwise we'd all enjoy the shooting sport of traditional archery........

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Carbons. I've had to many aluminums bend on me and then they are worthless.

plus carbons explode really cool like when they hit concrete or metal :)

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

It can be SPECTACULAR!:clap2:

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

yeah tell that to the guy on here who not long ago was talking about the peices in his arm.......

9. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Well yeah that sucks! but when they hit stuff it can be SPECTACULARRRR!!!:D

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

some more of you guys should have chosen professions were you got to blow stuff up......

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

People get paid to do that???:evil:

12. pseshooter300

pseshooter300 Junior Member

well i use to shoot aluminum but now i have switched to carbon but with all these carbons blowing up that worries me.

13. big scores

big scores banned from AT

I shoot aluminum for indoor. They are very acurate, and are either straight or bent. out door I shoot carbon express maximas and they are acurate and lite.

For all of you that say a carbon arrow can't be bent. you are wrong. I watched a Mathews pro staff shoot take a carbon arrow and spin it. It spun straight. then he took it by both ends and bent it like you would pulling it out of a hard 3-d target. then spun it again. and talk about a wobble. so yes you can have bent carbon arrow.

14. buckkiller_06

buckkiller_06 Member

that would be a good profession, i've seen them explode when hitting concrete, it is pretty cool, i use CX terminator and i will never go back to aluminum

15. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

you are smart person......