And She Does it Again!!

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I shot a 3D course yesterday and hated it. I was so dissappointed in my shooting. Alot of up and down hill shot and I had some Major target panic. I have never really had TP before but yesterday it was bad. I dropped 3 arrows and ended up scoring 818/924 :mad: . Anyway, I still took FIRST place in my class :peace: I think I will be practicing those ups and downs more :biggrin1:

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

so what are you complaining about???

3. chelleo

chelleo Senior Member

She won but in her head she didn't win as it were. Remember we're always competeing with ourselves...at least I am. When I practice if I don't get in the yellow I feel like I've done terrible. I like perfect practice so I keep at it and I too hate those up and down shots. I try and practice that alot but still not there yet.

Grats though Wheels on the win for sure.

4. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Sounds like she is not happy with her personal performance. I can understand that. That is how we all get better. But anyway keep up the good shooting. Congrats on the first place.

Mo.Hick

5. Holy Smokes

Holy Smokes Senior Member

Wheels what is your form proceedure on those up hills and down hill shots.

Also TP comes from having to guess tha distance anfd not really knowin if that is tha right distance,

after you have judged it just concentrate on your form .

You can be fooled on yardage but they can not take away your form..... only you can give it up.. "Hi or low here we go" thats my favorite saying when tha yards are a little shakey

6. pilot

pilot Senior Member

Now dat's da truf...i struggle with this also from time to time. I start to second guess my range estimation and start letting my form slip, letting the sight pin drift up and down trying to re-estimate my range in my head....by the time i release, i can't even remember where i was aiming at exactly. :doh:

7. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

I hear ya Wheels..just chalk it up to good days/bad days.. and go on. if you focus on thinking about TP, then it will become TP..so, it wasn't TP, it was a tough course and a bad day..next time will be better.

8. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I have found when I walk up to a target, the first estimate I make on distance is usually right. but sometimes I will let my feeble brain talk me out of it. and most times the second guess is wrong. as for uphill and down hill shots, if you will pull and anchor like it is a level shot then bend at the waist will help a lot. this way you will get the right anchor point each time.

9. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I use to move my bow arm, but yesterday the guys were helping me make sure I was bending at the waist and I did great when I did it right. So I draw back squared up and then bend at the waist to the target.

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

And Yes, I was not pleased with my shooting. I know I can do better. There is no reason I should not be shooting at least a 21 average.

The shoot was marked yardage, so I didn't have to judge it, but I was so jerky. I could feel myself jerk anticipating the shot. :doh: I will just have to practice more and get over it :biggrin1:

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

get a release that will not fire and practice w/it for a while....if you can find one.....

or its blank bail time.....

12. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I did this all day on Sunday.....:mad: :Cry:

13. dano1977

dano1977 Senior Member

Congrats on the win and good luck with the tp!

14. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

hey wheels, you might want to try a back tension release. I fought target panic for about two years. I'm hardheaded and to much pride. I didn't want to lose to my "buddies" while I was learning the BT. finally got so bad I would completely missed the target. so about a year ago I sold ever trigger release I had. best move I ever made. no target panic and can hold on target much better.