Another Broadhead question

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Wheely, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

What do you guys do with your Broadheads when you are not using them? Mine are in my archery tackle box, just floating around in their section, and I am sure getting very dull.

2. bfisher

bfisher Senior Member

I have a regular broadhead box. I remove the blades and put them in the pack. Push the ferrules down into the foam and put them away till a week before season next year.

When I need to get them ready next year I get them out and put a set of used (dull) blades in and get to shooting, tuning as necessary.

3. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

I keep them in the package they came in and keep the ones in my quiver that are already there from hunting season. I use different for hunting then I do for 3d, as does mostly everybody else.

4. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

I made a small peg type wall rack that will hold 12 arrows. I give them a shot of WD forty and forget about them untill next year

5. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

they are on my hunting arrows in my quiver.

6. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

mine too..

7. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

I have all mine on my arrows in a plastic arrow case, I dont shoot those arrows though the year, their just for hunting so the heads stay on them all, I also put a pack of that gel silcon stuff to keep the moisure out so they dont rust.

8. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

broadhead's

I leave them on my hunting arrow's in the quiver,with my main hunting bow,all in a hard case.
    I shoot mechinical's so at the end of the season i spray'em with wd-40
    the next year replace the rubberband's.:biggrin1:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

A little WD40 and back into the carrying case they go.

10. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I roll then up, separated, in a clean wash cloth and put them in a ziplock with one of those little silicon bags that absorbs moisture.

Ron

11. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

buy new ones every year????:noidea: :noidea: