Another New Bow?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Hkdfrlife, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

After reading the hype on the new X Force, and seeing it in action on the web, looks like I'm in the market for a new bow. Hard to ignore 330+ on a 60# bow and a 28" draw. I currently shoot a 28" draw at 56# and I'm getting 280fps with a 290gr arrow. I can't imagine shooting an arrow at 330fps and still being IBO legal. Problem is, which bow to give up. Think i'll get an order in on one today. Mommy's probably not going to be very happy

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

lets see how there limbs hold up to that abuse.....before I go wanting one....

3. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

WOW those limbs take some definate abuse, don't they. I like PSE's but I'm not sure about this one. I hope things hold up for them they are a great company.:peace:

4. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

the bow has been tested vigorously !! the bow was basically put through a torture test... shot time after time.......... ect...
    I feel they wont have any limb issues with it. Thought like any new bow that is a one of a kind. Might have a few quirks at first. Our shop is going to be one of the 1st to get one. by next week we were told. And I'm going to set one up and shoot it against the Elite Synergy. Which is claiming same speeds.
    And if I like it enough. I will get one and try out for 3d?

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

um 3d?? are you sure......you better put parachutes on those arrows.....there gonna be tuff to get out of a target....

6. BowhuntnHoosier

I'm buying stock in Woody's.:laugh:

7. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

:laugh:

My Blueberry Ovation should be here today !
    Just in time for me to shoot like crap in Sunday's league !

Ron

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

always think positive......

9. BowhuntnHoosier

Cool you getting a new bow.:rockon: And it will match Dredlys new one.:biggrin1: I'm gonna have to find me one.:peace:

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh god all these ovulaters......:tape:

11. BowhuntnHoosier

But they are so nice to shoot.:peace:

12. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Pre-owned... But mine's not pink...
    :biggrin1:

Ron

13. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

I am thinking positive. That's why I used the word crap...
    :laugh:

Ron

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

neither is dredly's his is blueberry.....:biggrin1:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Cool... I saw the pics of the one I bought and that color looks cool. I'm loving to see it for real.

I could see a pink bow hanging from the bicycle hook in my garage... But it would likely not belong to me...
    :laugh: :hug:

Ron

16. Hkdfrlife

Hkdfrlife Senior Member

X-Force

Got one on order. Should be in around the end of apr. Can't wait to get my hands on it. If I can control it, should be one heck of a 3D bow. Can't imagine shooting out to 35 yds on one pin. Outa be a real trip. Only issue was getting it in a target color. Seems PSE is trying to polish the risers. If it works out there gonna have em in blue orange and grey. Won't know for two weeks. Think I might stay with camo so I can hunt with it. The prestige is a little noisy and I think it'll be hard to take the Trykon and leave all that penetration power setting at home. Time will tell

17. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Got the bow Friday. Sweet bow. The Mathews rest is really nice too. I have a little vane clearance problem but a bit of a nock adjustment should fix it.
    Shot like crap Sunday... Just as expected, however it will take a little time to get used to shooting 60 arrows in a session and getting used to this bow.

Ron

18. BowhuntnHoosier

I have heard of several people having vane clearance issues with that rest.

19. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Yes, I had to really move the nock clockwise looking from the nock end several degrees... I did fix the problem though. That bow shoots really well. Now all I need to do is get the idiot shooting it used to it and more consistent. I do think I'm going to like the indoor 5 spot shooting. Nice people and fun, even though I shot like crap... Still a bit sore from 10-12+60 arrows in one sitting though. I shot a few arrows tonight in the yard and had to stop and grab a beer to 'stretch out'... Not a bad thing but I need to shoot more during the week to be comfortable for the 5 spot league. It's a learning experience for me.

Ron