another newby guestion

Discussion in 'Beginners Archery Range' started by rcklindave, Feb 16, 2008.

1. rcklindave

rcklindave New Member

It's been alot of years since i've shot a bow (last bow was a bear grizzly). i've been visiting the various pro shops in my area and it seems that they all have ther favorite brands, one likes hoyt and mathews another likes bowtech. Since i'm a lefty the used bow market is a little slim.
    I don't want to hunt anything I used to do alot of it but I kinda lost my tast for it, now I really enjoy target shooting my question is I shot a Bowtech tomcat and it felt very good and I also shot a diamond ice and it felt great as well. what do you guys think about these bows for target shooting?

2. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Are you going to be shooting Outdoor 3D or indoor spots?

3. rcklindave

rcklindave New Member

mostly I'm going to be shooting at the indoor range at the pro shop and out in the back pasture at home.

4. bullfiddle

The reason I asked is because Speed is not as important if your shooting spots indoors at a known yardage. But it does sound like you are gonna be shooting outside some so this would be my recomendation. Alot of company's make good equipment these days and there is nothing wrong with either one of the bows you mentioned above. Shoot those bows a couple of times before making a decision and let the bow pick you. If they don't feel real good try a different brand. Wish I could be of more help...:noidea:

5. J.C.

J.C. New Member

were those the only two you liked?

6. bullfiddle

If I read his post correctly JC he is trying to find a good used bow and is having trouble finding used Left handed bows to shoot...:noidea:

7. rcklindave

rcklindave New Member

Yes BullFiddle thats correct the used bow market around here is pretty slim and i'm a little nervous about buying a bow on Ebay that I can't shoot before hand i didn't care much for the hoyt vectrix (sp) and the tomcat was about as much as i want to spend at the present time.

8. bullfiddle

Dave what part of the country are you from? there could be some folks around you close to your area that could recomend some bigger proshops that might have a wider selection for you to look at...

9. rcklindave

rcklindave New Member

10. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

I just moved from Red Bluff:wave:

Chelle lives down in that area, maybe she could help you on the shops :noidea: