Another NY Tom DOA!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by ny911bowhunter, May 20, 2007.

1. Myself and my Buddy - Hilltop Hunter to those from AT and Mossy oak, met up yesterday morn at Nerdhick's farm in Columbia County, NY to try and ambush a longbeard that has been patterned by them.

EVERY day, he will strut down a lane with some hens into an open corn field, strut and walk on. HTH had hunted him 2 weeks prior and watched him strut for almost 3 hours.

Well yesterday - we had a surprise for him - BOB! Ole B-Mobile done his job again - although not as dramatic as we hoped. Once the tom entered the field - he put on one helluva show - strutting and strutting.....an occasional gobble......the 2 hens he was with kept feeding towards us, and we KNEW he saw Bob.....although he never ran to and attacked Bob - his attention was definitly directed at Bob...enough to lure him within bow range...(after a good 45 mins of strutting and us shaking!)

Finally he came in to 25 yards or so and started to walk PAST the blind, so HTH had to get down and crowd the front of the blind to shoot. Next year this will not be a problem with the Matrix's 360 degree shooting! I cant wait!

Mind you - I have my digital camera with us on a tripod, and I am filming this all - but when HTH leans out, he blocks the camera - so I lean it out on the tripod as well - but i can not see at all!

Virg shoots and I HEAR it hit the bird......he says "Down...DOWN!"....and then - well I'll just let the video tell the story!

[​IMG]

A good bird, good friends, and a great day! HTH was shooting a Bowtech Tribute with Ballistic strings set, Trophy Ridge accessories, and a Carter Evo+ release. He forgot his Nikons at home , so we shared my VORTEX binos! ;)

[​IMG]

Me, Nerdhick, HTH, NH's Buddy;

[​IMG]

Thanks again John! :thumbup

2. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

It was some fun day for sure............. BOB rules!!

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

something wrong w/the videoit wont play......it wont do nothing......

but congrats there guys.....

4. hilltophunter

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

nice bird bud......thats a heck of a beard, how long was it?.....

6. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

awesome job, great footage. That was cool.

7. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

Nice bird!

Great,video
    That was awesome!:rockon:

8. hilltophunter

thanks guys he was 22 lbs 10" beard/2" beard and 3/4" spurs