Any advice?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Yanni, May 14, 2008.

1. Yanni

Yanni New Member

I'm getting in to 3D archery and target archery, I shot alot before, but I wasn't in tournaments or anthing like that. I hunt archery only because I love archery so much, but I like 3D and target more, so my main focus is, trying to shoot good enough at 3D's and targets. Any tips or advice for me, and I just bought a Hoyt 38 Ultra target bow so if you have any tips for setting it up that would be great Thanks, Kyle

2. firechic

firechic IKE refugee... hehe

so what kind of advice do you want? There are several different factors that play into target and 3d tournaments. So can you be more specific?

3. Yanni

Yanni New Member

like how good do I have to be, I can get about 24 arrows in the white of the five spot faces at 20 yards. is that good or not?

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Ah, you're worried how well you'll do, to my way of thinking that should never be a reason to not go try something. You'll likely find yardage judgement to be the most difficult part of 3D to master. Go find a local shoot and have fun, generally the shooters are happy to answer your questions. No better way to learn than to give it a try and ask what you don't know about the game. You don't even have to keep a card if you don't want to.

5. pred8er

pred8er He who eats fuzzy animals

Archery is supposed to be fun, so compete against yourself. If you have a good time when you shoot, your good enough! If you are looking for a specific score, I really can't give you one. I shoot between 275 and 310 on a 30 target 3D course, my friend shoots between 290-320, not great, but not bad either. We have a good time when we shoot, we do it for fun, so we're good.

Good luck!

6. Yanni

Yanni New Member

Thanks guys!

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum Yanni,
    You can compete at any skill level, don't be intimidated just get out there and shoot some arrows.

8. CJKOLCUN

CJKOLCUN CJKOLCUN

Best Advice Just Do It....