Any Authors or Outdoor Writers Out There?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by Jeremiah Johnson, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson Junior Member

Wrote my first book last year (link's in my profile) and really enjoyed it. I've had an article or two published, but mostly have a drawer full of very nice rejection letters.

Anyone else out there try their hand at writing books or outdoors writing for mags?

I've asked this question on a few other forums and have found several good books and writers. I love the outdoors and have found I love to write about it too.

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Welcome to the forum...:welcome:

I've always thought about writing, but never done anything...

3. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

I hope to activate the article section of the forum pretty quick. We are going to be paying people for their articles.

Interested?

4. Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson Junior Member

Well...I don't know...let me think...

YES!!!

Would you like a sample? You can click the link to my book in my profile and there's a sample on that website or I can send you something. I just had an article about my son's first whitetail bow kill published in the Indiana bowhunters Association (IBA) quarterly mag - they don't pay so they don't own it...could send that one for consideration.

5. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

If you need an article on why Bowtech is better then Mathews I'm your man! Or why the Whisker Biscuit is an awesome rest... :)

In all seriousness though I'd be happy to contribute as well (you don't even have to pay me! I'll settle for admin powers, hehe). Post up a list of topics and I'm sure we can get some great stuff together

6. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Member

I'd love to write but I have never found the time. I do write short stories from time to time or stories of the hunt. I really enjoy it. Congrats on the first book there Jeremiah Johnson. :peace:

And that would be great to get paid for writing. I'm interested there Chris. :biggrin1:

7. Keith

Keith Junior Member

I started writing for local clubs then an outdoor magazine made me an offer. I was a columnist for exactly 10 years. Writing on a deadline was sometimes difficult with my day job. I also wrote some chapters in some outdoor books. I enjoyed the experiance but haven't done any writing for 3 years now.

I had no formal education and actually hated english while at school. I saw no earthly need for it. After all, what good would English help a fella that was only interested in catchin, skinning and shootin things?

8. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

The articles I would be most interested in the beginning will be articles on shooting, form, tuning, equipment, arrow tuning, etc. Anything that would help the archer, whether they are a beginner or advanced tournament shooter.

9. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

Oh sorry can't really help you with any of that stuff... if you want an article on how to spam a online forum I can help with that :)

hahah

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

or hyjack a thread about hyjacking threads.......hes got the patent on that one.....

11. gunner

gunner Junior Member

I write a column for Water and Woods. I have been writing for them for about three years now and this year I started writing for a local outdoor magazine. The local magazine is not big but it's nice to give back to others. I write about reloading and gun stuff. I have been asked to start working on a column about archery. But that’s in the works in the next couple months. We are working on the details right now.