Any bows that have lower poundage 30-40?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by chelleo, May 24, 2007.

1. chelleo

chelleo Guest

It is really hard to even find anyone besides Hoyt that has bows that are in the 30-40 range at all. I don't think I found any Matthews or Bowtech at all, at least I don't remember seeing any. I also need a lighter weight bow as well as the lower poundage. My UltraElite isn't exactly really light but it's not too bad when I'm feeling good. Mostly trying to seek out some lower poundage bows that max on limbs at 40.

2. CSS Shooter

CSS Shooter Senior Member

CSS Custom Shooting Systems can hook you up. Custom built to your specs. Check out thier web sight. customshootingsystems.com you can have a 2 different single cams and cam and a half set up or a double cam. And what ever you would order you can buy as kit to change it to different cam setup cheaper than a set of cams from Hoyt. Can get in camo or color 1 or 2 pcs grips from 23 to 34 inch draw length verey soild Bows I have been shooting them for 4 years now and I love them. Very accurate and repeatable. Chuck and Peggy are great to work with. Chuck use to be 1 of the owners of montaineer Bows. CSS has been around since 1996. You will see alot of them at the National shoots. ASA, IBO. Hope this gives you some more options.

3. chelleo

chelleo Guest

Thanks for the info I"ll take a look..

4. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Mathews Ignition, Mustang and Prestige should all come in 30-40....

5. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

try this...go to browse bows...upper left....click on a model....click specs.....tells you all the limb ranges.....if it says 40lbs limbs that means 30-40.......

most all of Mathews bows are available w/30-40lbs limbs

http://mathewsinc.com/

6. Pinwheel1969

Pinwheel1969 #1 THREAD KILLER

PSE, Browning, Martin...

7. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

i'm pretty sure bowtech does.. But, why would you want to change? I love my Hoyts.. both are 30-40

8. chelleo

chelleo Guest

I love my Hoyt too just looking for a lighter weight bow as well...at some point to maybe do some 3-d or something. I know the Selena is lighter weight just kind of looking at what is out there. I am having some issues with my arm not that I'm giving up on my bow ....no way. It's just a bit heavy now over 5lbs with all the junk on it. I'm having some problems using my BT release...so actually have another trigger release on the way. The Carter Fits Me Too which should solve that problem. I'm taking my Naproxen and have to do excercises for my shoulder/arm muscles and it's feeling better all the time. Just looking for a back up in case I need some lighter weight bow in between.

Last edited: May 24, 2007
  9. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

for shooting 3-d and normal target shooting....i prefer a heavier bow....they hold on target better.....

10. slamdam

slamdam Senior Member

My wife has a Ignition. It goes from 30 to 40 lbs. The draw is short too. I just ordered her 40 to 50 lb limbs. She loves that bow and shoots it very good. At 20 yrs she can constitantly hit a 3 inch circle. I would recomend it for any younger shooter.

11. chelleo

chelleo Guest

Oh I know the type is small but all that info is in my sig deary hehe...

12. bill10418

bill10418 Guest

Look at the Mathews Genesis series. I believe that they offer as low as 15# with draw lengths up to 30"

13. jcmorgan31

jcmorgan31 Prodigal Son

My wife's Switchback is set at 36lbs right now. It has 30-40lb limbs on it.

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

she is allready shooting one of dem dare espensive hoyt's (boat anchors)....

A Genisus would be going backwards.....:peace:

15. J.A.G.

J.A.G. Senior Member

hey hey now

16. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

oh so you can read the fine print???:noidea: :biggrin1:

17. whitetail99

whitetail99 Guest

Darton Ranger II or III. Have the do all fit for small frames and get all the way down to 15# and up to 45# on the same limb.

18. chelleo

chelleo Guest

Oh Bowman you are so evilllll...boat anchors I hardly think so....but you are correct I won't go backwards that's for sure. I was just looking for one of the Adult bows if one would call that might have lighter weight and lower poundage besides Hoyt. I really don't think I'll switch brands at this point at all. I'm just curious to who else sells good quality lighter poundage and I think I've gotten lots of feedback for sure. J.A.G. is right though....I'm using one of the best bows out there...why switch ...:rockon: Our club has a bunch of Genesis bows and they are for the kids that come up and shoot.