anybody try them new broadheads

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Werd, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Werd

Werd Senior Member

:noidea: trophy ridge, the piston technology ones. Called undertaker. I'm thinking about giving them a try.

2. 'SIN'ERGY

'SIN'ERGY Senior Member

They look pretty cool, have not heard anything about them yet.

3. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Thats the thing I'm afraid of. I don't like trying new things without proof that they destroy. I think I may just give them a try though.:noidea:

4. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

They seem to fix the old problems the rage had and are in line with the style of rage and switchblade heads- opening by impact so no deflection can occur. I like them(in theory) better than the switchblade because the blades fold back up so the arrow can be easily removed or fall out of the animal if it is shot badly. I do not know if you would always get full deployment before it is through the hide, though-the sharpened tip might cut so efficiently it does not push the entire head down(causing the blades to deploy). I would try them if they weren't 40$ and had such a small cut radius. I missed a bucks heart my a hair length last year and am going with the biggest head I can to try and knick it should that happen again. Swhackers have 2+" at 100 gr.

5. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

i dont like the idea of the swhackers because the whole point of cut on contact broadheads are so you have a huge entry whole. the swhackers opens up after its into the deer. just my opinion...

6. Werd

Werd Senior Member

I keep watching the video on www.trophyridge.com and it keeps making me want to buy them. I think I may just get one pack of them and a pack of my trusty rages. I used rage last year and the holes they make, are just undescribable.

7. bowcraze30

bowcraze30 Senior Member

If your satisfied with the rage why switch?

8. Werd

Werd Senior Member

Eh, Wasn't too impressed the day before the closing day when my dad shot a doe and the one blade was still closed. The arrow went in, came out, but wasn't a pass threw. When we found her, after a 100 yard run on a liver shot, across a creek and then a road and proceeded 40 yards into the neighboring property, the one blade on the rage was still closed. That threw me off of them. I only shot one with them and I was impressed, but when all blades don't open, kinda dissappointing when you spend 40 bucks on 3 heads. That's why I'm thinking about the undertakers or the strikers. And, wal-mart sells undertakers and I get 10% discount for working there. Therefore, 10% off 37 saves me 3.70, so I'm at 33.30. Still an arrow cheaper than rages. AND YES, that one arrow makes a difference.

9. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

the reason you don't like the swhacker is the reason I think they'd be good. I don't want my arrow to be open on impact and waste mounds of energy cutting through ribs...I want all that energy spent thrashing lungs. I just found out that the swhackers are just a knock off of these old sonoran brand blades except with a larger cut. The sonorans never caught on big...and some review said the swhacker style is just junk because of single beveled edges(which a dremel would fix quickly). Anybody know any 2 blade fixed blades that fly filed point true?