anyone agree with the point of this thread...........

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by BUNNYMAN, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

I saw it "over there", I have 1.4 million other things to worry about.

I also file off all the numbers on my bows in my secret underground bunker!

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

3. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

MY point IS, stop giving out this kind of stuff.......why would you want any IDENTIFYING numbers ON AN INTERNET WEBSITE?????:frusty:

4. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I really doubt getting a bow serial number indangers you to identity theft. But I do not know much about it.:noidea:

5. jdawg240

jdawg240 BOWNUTS

Bunny, can someone trace bow numbers unless they work for the mfg? I dont know much about it but I can say it doesnt concern me yet!

6. kbohunt

kbohunt are u a fat boy?

right

If asked for sale purposes i would give it out in private but not out in the open:noidea:
    I have on e-bay for a boat i sold.

7. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

THANK YOU KENNY!!!!!

A PERSON WITH COMMON SENSE FINALLY!!!!!!!

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

Until someone reports "your" serial Number as being stolen, and you have to pay court costs.......

9. Record Keeper

Record Keeper Member

Actually, I do agree with it. Though I think it unlikely that anyone could do much with it...the biggest risk I see is someone reporting it stolen when it hasn't been.

To that end...I'm very cautious what I put on Internet forums...very rarely will I put pics of my kids...too risky!

10. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

I can get info on any of you!!!!!!!!and If I can do it most criminals can do it...its just a matter of time before your info is used fraudulently..

Ser# on a bow isnt a big deal.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  11. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

Rodney criminal is such a harsh word...:laugh: :laugh: But I can pretty much find anybody I really want to as well...:noidea:

12. rodney482

rodney482 I love this stuff

yeah I just got done dealing with one, I love the dumb ones...:lol:

13. bullfiddle

bullfiddle Movin on up!!!

I like those stupidest crook videos on TV.. Some of those people that get arrested are real genius's It amazes me how stupid they can be...:lol:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  14. lungcutter

lungcutter Senior Member

Hey guys I have a large sum of money overseas. If you send me $1000 to help with the processing fee I can return your money 10 fold. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I just got this sent to my fax last week. I can't wait for the money to start coming in.:doh:

15. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

I believe that MOST manufacturers (not sure about all) but I know 100% for a fact that you DO NOT have to send in warranty cards in order for your warranty to be valid on at least most bows, this includes Mathews, Bowtech and Ross just to name a few.

If you don't the manufacturer will use the serial number off the bow and the store that sold it as verification that you are the original owner and thus allow the warranty work.

If you don't think it works try calling your bow manufacture, tell them you are the original owner and you had the warranty card but lost it, tell them the original store the bow was purchased from and that you don't do business there anymore... etc and they will send you to another store and the parts will be there waiting.

16. Daverdawg

Daverdawg Guest

serial number

omg what kind of damage is someone gonna do with anothers bow serial number? Am i missing sumtin here?

17. Wheely

Wheely Wheely Threads

Think of it this way....I have all my guns and bow Photoed and all the info written down in a safe place. If someone were to ever steal my stuff and it was found in a pawn shop or on someone, I can verify it is mine.

Why couldn't someone take your pics and info off the net and try and claim them as their own. It could come down to "He Said, She Said" (though I highly doubt this would happen, some people will do ANYTHING)

Bunny does this make sense to you??

18. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ABSOLUTLY........

19. QSA

QSA One eyed/Gutless wonder

You have to remember where you ask.
    Now you are right. What can you do with a photo and SS numbers?
    We bunny show me a photo of your new bow and SS numbers. I can turn it in to my auto or home owners insurance as stolen. Get the money and Bunny's bow goes on a hot list. So I get money and if bunny gets checked out it comes back stolen.

Or report it stolen, tell the cops someone told you this guy has it. More bunny trouble, Yes oddicer I just got it, took photos and did not have time to reg the SS numbers.