Anyone Bowfish?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by VE6WTF, Jul 20, 2007.

1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Just wondering who else out there bowfishes?

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

when i ever I can.......carp are a non native species and need to be wiped out......they should have contests in more places and kill all the fat little nasties....:rockon:

3. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

I have shot a lot of fish in the past. Havent had time this year yet. This is one of the funnest times you will ever have with a bow!

MO.Hick

4. piethon

piethon Member

I've had many of good times flingin arrows from river banks. It's a great way to have a good time bowhunting in the spring and summer!!

5. SinGin

SinGin Banned

I would be willing to go if someone would take me

6. Hook Em

Hook Em Slippy for President

and give me a fishing rig to use!

7. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Sin Gin I sent you a pm. I have everything to go with. Shooting rigs and boat.

Mo.Hick

8. SinGin

SinGin Banned

MO. Hick my new best friend:rockon:

9. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

I just can't help but think................fishin poles were made for fishin and bows were made for huntin.:noidea:

10. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Senior Member

Yes,
    But if you look at it.

we have been using spears for fishing YEARS before the fishing pole..
    The fishing pole is just a little cheaper.

BUT BOWS ARE SEXIER FASTER AND YOU CAN PICK THE ONES YOU REEL IN

11. BowhuntnHoosier

Spears are a whole different story.

And I'll have you know my fishin pole is very sexy.:biggrin1:

12. MO.HICK

MO.HICK Senior Member

Bowhuntnhoosier let me say that bowfishing is the best of both worlds. You will never have so much fun shooting. It is not as easy as it looks. You get to hunt for the fish. Then sneek up on them which is not that easy most of the time. They see movement and they are gone. I tell you what. If you ever come around the Kansas City area. I am abuot 40 Miles east of KC. PM me and I will take you for a great day of bowfishing. I will give you 90 percent of the shots and if you want I will give you 100 percent of the shots.

MO.Hick

13. BowhuntnHoosier

Thanks for the offer MO.Hick.:hug:

I realize its not very easy that is why I have not tried.:laugh: Besides then I will have to buy more archery accessories. My wife will leave me. I will become a homeless vagrant and why...........................because MO.Hick gave me 100% of the shots.:doh:

14. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

what kind of bait do you use for bowfishing.:biggrin1: :biggrin1:

15. BowhuntnHoosier

I know it was a joke but I have some friends that use whole kernal corn. They just throw it all around them and the carp love it. I have fished with a pole with it and caught many many carp.:biggrin1:

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

What??? You got somethin against hunting fish???:noidea:

17. BOWHUNTBEN88

BOWHUNTBEN88 Junior Member

Man Yall Are Missin Out If You Dont Bowfish! I Have A Ball In The Spring And Summer Shootin Fish. I Have Killed Hundreds Of Fish And It Is Awesome. Best Of Both Worlds If You Like To Hunt And Fish You Gotta Try It. It Also Helps You Stay In The Game!!!

18. you go out and bowfish you will throw away the fishing poles it is all action if you find the right spots :peace:

19. longcut36

longcut36 Senior Member

try some oatmeal and strawberry jello mixed together. just enough water to make it stick together in a ball. works real good. also good for catfish