Anyone shoot a Creeper Peeper?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by Grady, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Grady

Grady Junior Member

Was just wondering if anyone here ever shot a Creep Peeper from NAP and what they thought of it?

2. bullspotter

bullspotter Senior Member

ummm what is it? Might have to do some research here....

3. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

For a $20.00 cableslide it really does work this is what it does:
    Designed to replace your current cable slide, the CreeperPeeperâ„¢ emits a small led light that only the archer can see when at full draw. Creep forward and the light will go off. It is ideal for tree stand hunters or as a training device for new shooters. The CreeperPeeperâ„¢ will also alert you to string stretch.and every bit of this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!here is a pic

4. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

Looks interesting, might have to get one when I pick up my new vectrix xl.

5. bullspotter

humm looks kinda cool, i dont think i need any gadgets on my bow though...

6. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

um thats not going to work on a Mathews or some of the High Country.....man I hate when there are new toys and I cant try them.....

7. bullspotter

looks like a nock set on the cable.. must trigger some kind of micro switch huh?

8. Grady

Grady Junior Member

switch

My guess, too. Think you set it where it gets triggered at full draw and the led lights up at ya. Kind of nifty if a guy is in an akward position or used as an aid for learning to anchor correctly every time. Wonder how long the battery lasts? If it is LED technology, it should last quite a while.

9. bullspotter

yeah the led stuff is easy on batteries, and we have some good ones nowdays with the lipos and such, pry get several years out of it i would think.... That is a nifty gadget though, i might need to get one just to check it out!!

10. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

11. Grady

Grady Junior Member

uummmhhh?

Why not? No desire to just play with a new toy if nothing else? Gee, I wish I was that fortunate. I see soemthing I am typically dying to play with it at least once to check it out!

12. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

actually it was more of "why would you use this"?

13. Grady

Grady Junior Member

Why?

Dont know, maybe because it is a curiousity to play with. Haven't ya ever done something like that?

14. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

yeah sure have but I still can't understand the purpose of the product other then to put a cool LED on my bow...

15. ladyarcher5575

ladyarcher5575 Member

the creeper peeper lets you know if your creeping at full draw,when you get to full draw you dont stop there and relax,your suposed to keep drawing your bow like your tring to pull the bow apart ie push and pull (for every action,there is an equal and opposite reaction)the creeper lets you know that your relaxing your draw.

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow Evil Genius

Yeah...Or if you have an older bow w/o a drawstop you could use it to get a consistent full draw...I had that problem w/ an old Bear I own...

17. Dredly

Dredly Site Guru

oh... i see... makes sense I guess, i just draw to the wall and if I let up i know it pretty quickly :)

this would be great on a Ross which doesn't have that firm back wall. Thanks for the info Lady

18. STRO

STRO get'n rid of target panic

So now when i draw back i have to put the pin on the target, check my level bubble, put pin back on target, check and see if the light is on, put pin back on target and then shoot. Not necessarily in that order but it seems like one more thing to worry about and take my focus off of the shot. :noidea:

19. Grady

Grady Junior Member

Worries!

Yes, your right. I can remember 25 years ago when I did not even use a sight, release aid or anything. Just shot using instincts. It was much simpler, but not near as accurate. Killed probably 7 or 8 deer using that method. I could keep 5 inch groups out to 40 yards. Now I can keep under 2 inch groups out to 60, but my eyes are not what they used to be.

20. blackice4slaying

blackice4slaying Member

Maybe i'm missing something here,but i thought that's what an anchor point was used for.:noidea: