anyone shot a katera?

Discussion in 'General Archery Forum' started by agdave112, Aug 30, 2008.

1. agdave112

agdave112 Junior Member

just wanted to get others views on this bow? out of curiousity havent had time to go look at them and now this hurricane is a coming i am going to wait and see what happens before i go get a new one.

2. BowhuntnHoosier

BowhuntnHoosier Bisquit.......

Katera is a very nice shooting bow but I think the Vectrix is a much nicer shooter. But thats just me. GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE.:amen:

3. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

YEP SHOOT IT EVERY DAY ! great bow got ride of both of my bowtechs & got another hoyt also. trouble free built like a tank .

4. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

They are shooters for sure.

I have been a huge fan of Hoyts short brace speed bows for nearly 10 years.....I haven't found many bows in this category that shoot as well as they do. They don't shoot like short brace bows at all. I think a lot of people are starting to understand that.

5. PA.JAY

PA.JAY New Member

I always here people say short B/H not accurate or forgiving . I use to think the same way this bow is great I had my choice the XL or the katera I picked this one felt better in my hand just plain power .

6. J.Blay

J.Blay New Member

I shot one. I loved it. I'll try the XL before I decide which one to buy, unless I find one I like better before then(next year)? I'm open to try any brand.

7. swintj1

swintj1 Senior Member

I have shot the Katera, and I have to say, it is probably the best bow that Hoyt has in the hunting category. It is much smoother than any other cam they have, there is still a valley, but not nearly as much as the Vectrix, Trykon, or any other bow they have in their line-up. If I could get another Hoyt, I'd jump on a Katera, hands down.

8. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

100% Agreed........

The Mathews Prestige has an Aprox. Brace of 6", and it has not bothered me one bit, have never hit my arm ONCE.....and the bow is a tack driver.....

9. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

I liked the Prestige I had a few years ago also.....:biggrin1:

But hitting your arm doesn't really have much to do with brace....you can hit your arm with a bow with a long brace. That has more to do with your grip and draw length and then even more with the grip. I have a draw around 28" and can shoot my buddies bows that are over 29" without hitting my arm. But that was just for an arrow or two.

My field/indoor bow has an 8.75" brace and if my draw is too long on the bow the string will tickly my arm.

10. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

ever shoot a Hoyt VIPER, or a PSE Baby-G???:noidea:

11. Brown Hornet

Brown Hornet New Member

I had a Viper.....:D

Until last year I had EVERY short brace bow Hoyt made going back to 97-98.

The Baby G was a beast...one of my best friends had a couple of the and so did a friend of mine that used to be on PSE Pro Staff before the shut it down a few years back before Pete came back.

The Baby G was like the old school short brace bows and IMO can't even be mentioned in the same breathe shootability wise with some of the bows that have been made in the past few years.

I remember Dave Cousins saying about the Mathews Black Max and Ultra Max once...."those bows are some serious arm guard eaters":lol:

12. Archerdad

Archerdad Senior Member

shot the katera xl. sweet bow for sure.
    amazingly smooth draw. holds very steady. i can't imagine the regular katera being any worse. except on deer... lol:D

13. bowogre

bowogre New Member

I just bought a Katera XL. The Katera is a very nice bow also, it was just a little short for me. Very smooth, accurate bows.