Anyone use these???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting forum' started by bbowhuntin, Aug 19, 2008.

1. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

I made the switch from aluminum to carbon st epic 400's with 100gr. muzzy.Anyone out there use this for whitetail???

2. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

I dont use the Easton Arrows, BUT you would be hard pressed to find a broadhead that has stood the test of time, quite like the Muzzy's......

Dare I say best broadhead ever??

3. the contractor

the contractor New Member

i am shooting st axis nano 400s,with muzzy 3 blades.great for hog and whitetails.tons of penetration,much better than my old 5575 gt hunters. not so much with armadillo though

4. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

Yep, ST Epic 400's with Muzzy MX3's :rockon: Blows right through them so far.

5. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

Thanks guys...switched from superslam 2216'sfrom my parker hornet at 47lbs.28in DL.speed went from 232 to 258 with 100gr 3 blade...and for some dumb reason my bow seems to be alot quieter...havent figured the reason for that yet..the bow was already dead quiet...hearing loss maybe???

6. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Biggest market ever for sure... Heck Walmart sells them....

:laugh:

Ron

7. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

just a question??didnt mean to involve w-mart in this...but I buy my equip. from two local pro shops.Just joined this site today and asked..[the non bashing hunters] what they,re thaught was if any...I live in UPstate NY and have harvested many deer with aluminum arrows and muzzy 100s...didnt know if anyone had good luck with the epic carbons...w-mart sells rage,cr.talon,thunderheads,wasp,and NAP too.....anyone wanna buy the 2 and a half dozen[remember these]old but brand new PUNCHCUTTERS I have in the pkgs.22$ a pop for three to wound deer...MUZZY...anyone serious Ill give a ph. no. sorry if it I sound like a D*** but Im just serious about my deer huntin....have been for years....will never change....

8. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

What the heck are you selling. Maybe is any of your words made congruent sense:frusty: . This forum has the worst grammer/spelling of any I've ever been on.

9. yeh, kool hugh:laugh: adn tehy d'nto owh ot etpy iehtre

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  10. poorman

poorman And thats no lie !

Your kidding right? I am no genius, but if you jump on someone about his grammar and or spelling, you might want to proof read your own post first!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

con·gru·ent
    adj.
    1. Corresponding; congruous.
    2. Mathematics
    a. Coinciding exactly when superimposed: congruent triangles.
    b. Of or relating to two numbers that have the same remainder when divided by a third number. For example, 11 and 26 are congruent when the modulus is 5.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  11. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

shuold i hvae siad paunch cutters

12. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

Is......there anyone mature hre.....oops spelling error...

13. poorman

I have never shot the arrows you are asking about. However there have been a bunch of deer die because of a muzzy. I personally dont shoot them anymore. I like the Magnus line of heads. But if your bow is in tune (proper flight) and you hit the right spot.... the deer are going down!

14. BUNNYMAN

BUNNYMAN I pray for you!

R U SIRUS??:noidea:

15. Ronhop

Ronhop RIP

Hey, use what you have confidence with and go get 'em.

And I think it makes a lot of sense to go with a carbon arrow. With fixed blades you will just need to be careful about tuning your bow to have a similar shot with fixed blades vs. expandables or points. That issue won't matter between aluminum and carbon shafts as long as teh shaft is spined right for your setup.

You might also want to ask if the Epic shafts require the Broadhead adapter rings with Muzzy's. Talk to your shop about that. I use Axis shafts for hunting with Spitfire heads and don't have an issue but you might want to be sure you don't need the rings to protect the front of the shafts.

Ron

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  16. bbowhuntin

bbowhuntin New Member

Down to earth....thanks guys...but I do have 30 [how do I spell PUNCH CUTTERS] an old exp. broad head....some say the best....but not in my OP...anyone even heard of them?????

17. poorman

I have heard of them but it usually is a sentence like this.

Puncutters are the worst head ever made.

I have never had or used one.

18. Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot New Member

I knew I had errors in that and most posts, I don't realy care. But it gets to the point where you are just like what the heck? If I proofread all my posts, I'd better be getting grades/degrees for them.

19. dbdcougar

dbdcougar He Who Drops His Bow Arm

I don't use a ring.

20. UPSTATE

UPSTATE Member

Throw those punch cutters away, don't resell them. Those are the heads that gave mechanicals a bad name. Famous for bouncing off deer if bone was hit.